Sniper rifles

I have a question for everyone about the M40A3 sniper rifle. Is it possible for a civilian to purchase one? and if so where can this be done? Oh yea nice DL stat Vitaly

misterwhite said:
I have a question for everyone about the M40A3 sniper rifle. Is it possible for a civilian to purchase one? and if so where can this be done? Oh yea nice DL stat Vitaly

I think that is going to vary based on what country/region of the country you are in.

Whispering Death said:
misterwhite said:

I think that is going to vary based on what country/region of the country you are in.
Thank you. I live up in Michigan so I'll have to look further into it

misterwhite said:

Anyone can purchase a Remington Model 700. Which is the Platform weapon. The M40A3 just like all of the M40 series is tuned and assembled by the Marksmanship Unit at Quantico. So if your willing to pay a civilian Gunsmith to tune a stock 700 to USMCMU spec's then yes.

03USMC said:
misterwhite said:

Anyone can purchase a Remington Model 700. Which is the Platform weapon. The M40A3 just like all of the M40 series is tuned and assembled by the Marksmanship Unit at Quantico. So if your willing to pay a civilian Gunsmith to tune a stock 700 to USMCMU spec's then yes.

Don't forget the barrel, they are made specifically at Quantico. They would need to get in touch with someone that could supply the heavier barrel, other than that it is the same with the new addition of the stock modifications.

Barrett

I just saw a video clip of a Taliban sniper getting hit with a Barrett .50 at about 1000 meters. I will not put it on here because of the horror of seeing a man turned to particles. His arm was the largest part left and it flew about 30 meters from his position. Has anyone gotten this clip in email yet?

Re: Barrett

Missileer said:
I just saw a video clip of a Taliban sniper getting hit with a Barrett .50 at about 1000 meters. I will not put it on here because of the horror of seeing a man turned to particles. His arm was the largest part left and it flew about 30 meters from his position. Has anyone gotten this clip in email yet?

I've seen it. The last shot was particularly graphic. Clearly the Barret .50 dominates these days. At 1000m, the bullet only drops 1m. :shock:

give me a good ol smith & wesson bolt action .22 anyday. I know its not really a military sniper rifle but u cant go wrong using that on a nice buck at about 5am

Back