Sniper rifles - Page 9

--

January 17th, 2005  
Armyjaeger

That's not chinese and certainly not 12.7mm, its Croatian 20mm sniper rifle or more like a cannon
January 29th, 2005  
misterwhite

I have a question for everyone about the M40A3 sniper rifle. Is it possible for a civilian to purchase one? and if so where can this be done? Oh yea nice DL stat Vitaly
January 29th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterwhite
I have a question for everyone about the M40A3 sniper rifle. Is it possible for a civilian to purchase one? and if so where can this be done? Oh yea nice DL stat Vitaly
I think that is going to vary based on what country/region of the country you are in.
--
January 29th, 2005  
misterwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
Quote:
I think that is going to vary based on what country/region of the country you are in.
Thank you. I live up in Michigan so I'll have to look further into it
January 30th, 2005  
03USMC

Quote:
Anyone can purchase a Remington Model 700. Which is the Platform weapon. The M40A3 just like all of the M40 series is tuned and assembled by the Marksmanship Unit at Quantico. So if your willing to pay a civilian Gunsmith to tune a stock 700 to USMCMU spec's then yes.
January 31st, 2005  
Lil Hulk 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Quote:
Anyone can purchase a Remington Model 700. Which is the Platform weapon. The M40A3 just like all of the M40 series is tuned and assembled by the Marksmanship Unit at Quantico. So if your willing to pay a civilian Gunsmith to tune a stock 700 to USMCMU spec's then yes.
Don't forget the barrel, they are made specifically at Quantico. They would need to get in touch with someone that could supply the heavier barrel, other than that it is the same with the new addition of the stock modifications.
January 31st, 2005  
03USMC

I think Harts makes a barrel thats close. But it costs.
February 15th, 2005  
Vitaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
I think Harts makes a barrel thats close. But it costs.
Barrel is H-S Precision, maybe able to purchase directly.
February 15th, 2005  
Shadowalker

http://www.world.guns.ru/sniper/sn67-e.htm

nice rifle!
February 18th, 2005  
Vitaly

Check out http://www.defensereview.com/modules...rticle&sid=691 for more on that weapon