Sniper requirements?

I wasn't doing it for military purposes, i was just messin around.

If you have a preferance of being a Sniper then I guess you should go down and talk to a recruiter and decide if you want to become a Marine or a soldier and see what the exact guidelines are to become one, it is a very challenging road to get to that level but it can be accomplished. Each U.S Army infantry platoon has one or two individuals who are trained as snipers as a additional responsibility and that may be your best choice due to the fact that they do not recieve some of the more extensive covert type tactics that are found in Special Forces, Navy Seal etc. I brought up the taking of a life factor because it is part of that decision equation if you even want to join the military and go to a combat related MOS, I have seen and trained alot of people to fight in a combat scenario and I have seen the toughest bad asses in peacetime start getting a reality check when the bullets started to fly.

If you have a preferance of being a Sniper then I guess you should go down and talk to a recruiter and decide if you want to become a Marine or a soldier and see what the exact guidelines are to become one, it is a very challenging road to get to that level but it can be accomplished. Each U.S Army infantry platoon has one or two individuals who are trained as snipers as a additional responsibility and that may be your best choice due to the fact that they do not recieve some of the more extensive covert type tactics that are found in Special Forces, Navy Seal etc. I brought up the taking of a life factor because it is part of that decision equation if you even want to join the military and go to a combat related MOS, I have seen and trained alot of people to fight in a combat scenario and I have seen the toughest bad asses in peacetime start getting a reality check when the bullets started to fly.

Im not wanting to be a sniper.

FutureMedic is wanting to be a medic.
It's a smart move. With healthcare costs rising being able to do the simple stuff at home will save him lots of money. No more going to the docs because of a case of diarrhea that won't go away. Just stick in those IVs at home and fast for two days and you're set.
Not to mention if there's an emergency, he can apply initial aid before the ambulance can arrive. Precious minutes that can be the difference between life and death.
And Uncle Sam will be paying for the whole thing.

It's a smart move. With healthcare costs rising being able to do the simple stuff at home will save him lots of money. No more going to the docs because of a case of diarrhea that won't go away. Just stick in those IVs at home and fast for two days and you're set.
Not to mention if there's an emergency, he can apply initial aid before the ambulance can arrive. Precious minutes that can be the difference between life and death.
I'm aware that this thread is straying a little off topic.

But I have to say, I have a great respect for our Medics.

I'm going to attend RMC (Royal Military College) and graduate (the Lord willing) as an Officer. Does an Officer has the same possibilities of taking Sniper Training then the NCOs (Non Commissioned Members)?

Lol its alittle more complicated than that

I'm going to attend RMC (Royal Military College) and graduate (the Lord willing) as an Officer. Does an Officer has the same possibilities of taking Sniper Training then the NCOs (Non Commissioned Members)?

If you want to be a sniper, Infantry is were you need to go.

Armour don't need snipers, they generally have a 105mm on a stabilised platform (read Leopard) or a 25mm chain gun (read Lav) nearby which can reach a hell of a lot further than a 50cal. I know of one bloke taking the head off a roo at 4 Km.

If you want to be an officer you might get the chance in a recon platoon if your field craft is good enough, you might get qualled on the snipers wpn sys as a officer, but only so you can run their range practices and plot their safety templates, that's about it.

More people have failed their sniper cse through poor field craft than poor shooting. This is a task where the job picks the man not the other way around. If you are a regular hunter you will have an edge over city kids.

WRT your pie tin, put it out to 700m and if you can hit it consistently with your first shot, you'll certainly get the right attention.

If you can't, drop me a PM and I'll tell you where you can get your marksmanship up to speed.

Cheers

Last edited:
As said before, as an officer, you'll at best be the RSO for the ranges. If you're looking at becoming a sniper, you'll have to go the NCM (not NCO, that's for Cpl to Sgt) route. Do your BMQ, SQ, BIQ, and eventually, Sniper School provided you're still interested in it. I suggest doing a tour or two before making a full call on it, just so you know what it's like on the other side.

Oh, and whatever you do...don't walk into the recruiting center and say 'Sniper' when they ask you what trade you want to do. They tend to get a good giggle out of that and figure that you really didn't do much studying into the CF.

If they hand you a contract at all. Sometimes, the interview is what makes or breaks your chances of getting in.

Back