Sniper Games

skipper

Seriously, when are developers going to make a realistic, lifelike sniper simulator. Sniper Elite is cool and all but I would actually like to play a sniper game where you play as a sniper, not as some L33t commando who just happens to have a sniper rifle.

There is only one game that i have played that has a level of realism that i find acceptable and that was the original Daryl F Gates Police quest Swat. I know that wasnt a military shooter but it was realsitic. You had to fire cold barrel shots to zero the rifle, you had to use windage and distace tables to adjust the accuracy of the scope, and you had to shoot on the demand and command of a superior. I know that making a realistic shooter might be seen by some as "Training Teenagers to Kill" by some US mothers associations, but playing that game never made me want to shoot people in the street; just bad guys robbing banks.

Where, i ask you, can we get that kind of gameplay now?
Please tell me if you know!!!

skipper said:
Seriously, when are developers going to make a realistic, lifelike sniper simulator. Sniper Elite is cool and all but I would actually like to play a sniper game where you play as a sniper, not as some L33t commando who just happens to have a sniper rifle.

Wtf is "L33T?"

Sniper Elite is about the best you're going to get right now. If you play it online with a group of guys you know, it's actually a great sniper game. Have a sniper and a counter sniper, and then set up various situations with the other guys, alternate roles. Yeah, you're a little limited by the maps, lack of interaction with objects, etc. But it's still fun to kill a few hours playing.

The single player isn't too bad if you play it on the most difficult level, either.

Making a "realistic" sniper game won't be too entertaining anyway. There's more waiting than actual shooting.

America's Army tried to incorporate some realism into the sniper course on the game. You know anybody that waited up to three days to take out the target? I don't.

SWAT was a good game, but the shooting wasn't that realistic at all.

A realistic sniper game where you crawl at a bug's pace for five hours then stare down your scope for another three waiting on a shot? Save? Pfft. You wish.

"L33t" or "1337" is shorthand for "elite." There's a whole language for these goobs lovingly referred to by some as "1337 Sp33k" or how the heck ever you want to type it. Essentially it lets literate computer users know the type of person they're chatting with.

Just for my own gaming preference, having to fiddle with zeroing my scope would just irritate me. Breath control, residual motion, wind, visibility...that's about all I really want to deal with in a game. As far as published games that actually work, Sniper Elite is probably the best bet at the moment. Commandos: Strike Force had some entertaining sniper sequences, though they aren't particularly realistic.http://www.commandosstrikeforce.com/

Hacker "Sp33k" for leet, or elite. Originating from 31337 "eleet", the UDP port used by Dead Cow Cult, a hacker group, to access Windows 95 using Back Orifice, a notorious hacking program.
1337 h4x0rz pwn j00!

RO: Osfront 41-45 is one of the most realistic war games out there but for snipers im not sure cuz i dont use a sniper in game but for the most part it seems real

i like Call Of Duty 2's snipers... it definatly isnt a good representation but Ghost Recon had the most realistic sniper action that i have ever seen and its what? 5 years old

Back