Smoky and the Bandit

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
I love Smoky and the Bandit.... great movie and even part two is great. But one thing that gets me is the plot.... It can't be done today. It's not politically correct and Coors is now sold in every Super Market here in Florida. Why was it illegal back then to have Coors beer?

Texarkana, Texas, is located in a "dry county" where alcohol is not allowed to be sold or purchased. So yes. Coors was and still is illegal there.

I'm so sad that I actually know this.....LOL

Yup, I remember watching this back un the 70s- Burt Reynolds look great then...

Always wondered why it had to be done (doing what they did). Loved the way the trucker handled the bunch of bikers that picked on him...

Texarkana, Texas, is located in a "dry county" where alcohol is not allowed to be sold or purchased. So yes. Coors was and still is illegal there.

I'm so sad that I actually know this.....LOL

I've been in and hae driven through Texarkana, TX. That I knew.... but back then Coors beer wasn't sold east of the Mississippi River... I wonder why?

My dad informs me that it was because Coors and Miller had an agreement that stated that Coors would only serve the states West of the Mississippi and Miller would serve those East of it. Sometime in the 80's (he can't remember what year) both beer companies went national and the agreement went away. Sooooo.....apparently that's why. :)

Back