Smoking

Do you smoke?

• Total voters
Just to add a little more to your poll you might add a third choice - "I quit smoking" Maybe even break it in two as "I quit smoking recently" and "I quit smoking years ago". For me it's been 21 years now.

m'kay....? lol. Well, I don't smoke, I've had a couple bfs that smoked, and it didn't really bother me, but after awhile I'd get a really sore throat and stuff if I was in a room alone with him and a few of his friends that smoked

Charge_7 said:
Just to add a little more to your poll you might add a third choice - "I quit smoking" Maybe even break it in two as "I quit smoking recently" and "I quit smoking years ago". For me it's been 21 years now.

But if you quit, I guess that you do not smoke, else you would smoke :?:

Well I don't and I hate cigs.

smoking is the worst thing you could do to your body. and aslo it hurts the people around you(if they are not smoking) even more then it hurts you. i think its the most stupidest thing ever.(im not calling people who smoke dumb or stupid. im just saying from my point of view, its a stupid move)you are killing yourself. each cig takes away seconds of your life. i think "Truth" comes out with the best commercials.

www.thetruth.com

Yes, I do smoke and there have been times that I think to myself that I should give up and I have tried, but I do enjoy smoking, yes I know it is bad for me. Iam not allowed to smoke in the house, car, caravan which I think is fair enough. But maybe some day I will give it a real go and stop. But I dont think that will happen in the very near future.

To all you young people out there DO NOT SMOKE, EVER.

I don't smoke and there are so many people at my school who smoke all the time and It bugs the crap out of me, especially since they're everywhere from 14-17.....but before/afterschool, and during lunch there's a constant pack of maybe 20-30 people who light up just a couple feet from school property and it's insane.

No offense to those who do smoke, but the people at my school smoke because they think they're cool, just like they get into as much trouble as they can and brag about it. I just wonder what they'll think down the line when all this comes back and bites'em in the ass.

Well, in an earlier era it was the thing to do to show you were "cool" or "rugged". Hey, I was in high school too once - granted Christ was a corporal back then but even so. We grew up with the advertising on TV showing the Marlboro man etc. and in every billboard and magazine it seemed. The movies were full of it (and still are out of proportion to the population today). If you didn't smoke, you were lame. It was just that simple. It wasn't until much later that the ill effects of smoking were well known and later still before they were accepted. Once you start the addiction is every bit as powerful as heroin. Very hard to overcome. I did so because I had the best reason anybody can have. I became a parent.

AlexKall, my original post in this topic was only meant to add information - nothing more. I thought it might prove interesting to note people who have quit.

nope, i dont smoke, at all. never have

how much anti smoking material is there in other countries? down here there are quitre a few graphic ads on TV showing smokers lungs/heart/other organs compared to a normal healthy person. its a rather effective add. other than that there are heaps of posters and there are usually protesters whent the GP comes to town

why is it that the media (espeically in movies) show most soldiers as smokers? is this some form of subliminal advertising, or are they just using this as a technique to show that the soldier is stressed and has a non violent, socially acceptable method of dealing with the stress? is it just that lots of soldiers smoke?

LIPS said:
But maybe some day I will give it a real go and stop. But I dont think that will happen in the very near future.

To all you young people out there DO NOT SMOKE, EVER.[qoute="LIPS"]

maybe. near future. why dont you for sure quit abd soon. and why can YOU smoke but not young people. the younger kids are supposed to look up to our elders and people older than us. and your telling us dont do something that could kill you, but yet you could do. i dont know if its just me, but that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard in my life.

LIPS answer this question for me. why can you smoke and i(a minor) cant smoke once im legal?

oi listen

bllrby2104 said:
smoking is the worst thing you could do to your body. and aslo it hurts the people around you(if they are not smoking) even more then it hurts you. i think its the most stupidest thing ever.(im not calling people who smoke dumb or stupid. im just saying from my point of view, its a stupid move)you are killing yourself. each cig takes away seconds of your life. i think "Truth" comes out with the best commercials.

www.thetruth.com

Don't sit on that fence to long huh lol

Smoking ok is bad for you, but so are car fumes, so are drugs, so is alcohol so are sweets.

You could walk out your house and get hit by a bus dying than you could of dying from lung cancer.

I am happy with my life and fit and very healthy, I have a medical every yr and nothing in the shape or form has made a come abck at me from smoking 8)

what im saying is that smoking is a choice. while getting hit by a bus, you have really lilttle control over. smoking, you are pretty much killing youself. smoking=suicide.

hey

people are pretty much killing them selves every day by drinking...........eating fatty foods.......crossing a road and not looking.........doing drugs.

You more likely to die of a heart atatck eating fatty foods than youa re of smoking.

People who live in cities are more likely to catch some form of cancer due to the polution and smogg.

Its a choice like you said

you are very true about that stuff. but with fatty foods, you could eat it and then eat fruits, vegetables, take viatimns, etc. to also help your body. there is no way to smoke then help your body out. also the same thing with drugs.

crossing without looking is just plain dumb.

Back