Smoking in the military

Some of our soldiers even try to smoke when they are on an operation. On the high mountains of Eastern Anatolia, they try to smoke, but they are detected by the thermal detectors of a patrol :D Then warnings or punishments for them, lol :D

I'm a member of the US military attending a university in the United States. I hear divergent opinions daily.

Funny thing, from today smoking is prohibited in Russian ministry of defense builidng and all its institutions by minister's sudden decree (pest upon him). Hahah you should have seen that swarms of young officers nearby the checkpoints laughing and puffing. I'm saying young because many of those who have personal offices haven't even heared of this decree and don't give a damn about it.

I personally suppose this would be a temporary measure. Honestly... this is ridiculous.

I'm okay for soldiers smoking, but I do hate people who smoke in civilian life (I don't mind people who smoke in private and those who ask permission). I especially hate people who go out in 10p.m and smoke in public. Though I may sound corny here, I do think it is really harmful for the youngsters who are released from the hagwons at that time (hagwons are required to stop operation in 10p.m though many hagwons ignore this). There's already an underage smoking problem in SK. I don't know how many times I passed parks, playgrounds, and schools and see students smoking.

Or should they be just men with guns... Okay, they may smell bad, and some of them are married to strippers... And they stink of beer and cigarettes... But we keep them anyway, because they are good when it comes to killing people we dont like...

It sounds like he has done service in my unit. :p

Back