Smart concrete

I think I am having a translation issue here as it appears that on one hand we agree that weapon and defence development go hand in hand and on the other you are saying it is pointless competing with the US because they are the best in the following statement.

Exactly , and why you don't want to try and out run who's best at this game right off the start.

The reality for Iran is that they have no one else to compete with as no matter what scenario you look at the only bombs likely to be landing on their bunkers will have made in the USA stamped on them.

I know much better than you our weapons conditions. I know very well that most of our planes, ships, submarines, tanks and other weapons have old technology. I know very well than our space activities and our nuclear technologies are in it first stages.
But I know well we are in our first steps. I know for 34 years we are in sanction condition. I know our military budget is about 15 billion dollar while our population is 75 million and we are faced with a lot of threats. We have learned how to spend our money in these 34 years after revolution. We plan our defensive politics based on our requirements, our abilities and our budget. Not bad reading this text:
http://news.yahoo.com/us-quietly-prepares-naval-clash-iran-strait-hormuz-184223202.html
And we have good progress in our missile technology, radar technology, air defense systems, electronic war system, cyber systems, drone technology and many other things although we are in the beginning but we have found the way. In one statement we have learnt to be bold, have self-confidence and trust to ourselves.
Before Iran revolution, Iran Air force was forth in the world. But what happened after a war with Iraq for our air force. We almost lost our air force. Why? Because our air force was completely depended on to the US counselors and their auxiliary parts. Our air force was forth on paper but in fact it wasn’t even fortieth. It is the thing US wants from others.

But now in sanction condition it is not bad to know we were top of the world in science growth last year. And it is good to know 60% of our students in our universities are female!
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20291-iran-is-top-of-the-world-in-science-growth.html

As I can understand from your posts most of you didn’t hear anything about Iran’s concrete used in Frodo. Yes we may have some other things in our sleeve that you didn’t see coming. If we didn’t have, military attack would be the first choice for US not last one.
Let me tell you another thing. One month ago Kenya canceled one lucrative contract by Iran because of the US threat. Not because of US better contract suggestion or US financial help but because of US threat! Iran’s nuclear activity doesn’t have any effect on Kenya security. I would be so glad if they canceled the contract because of some economic privileges. We have a lot of country who scare from US and don’t dare to defense their right and it is because their people aren't brave. And when we criticize them they say: No it is a wisely decision you can’t understand. They think the God created them to be always obedient in their short time of life. At least live like a man for one time.

I am glad you are aware of many things about your country, Hamid...

Iran faces threats? From whom, pray tell...?

Your Air Force was indeed a force to be reckon with prior to the overthrowing of the Shah, but as to why the AF deteriorate to such as state is not due to the US, but to the purging within the ranks to weed out counter-revolutionaries, as I recalled. You may wish to thank your Iranian Revolutionary Guards for that, and your mullahs... Most of the good pilots were either killed, or they defected to a safer haven. And what are you left with? People who think that they can fly a plane by quoting verses of the Quran instead of reading the flight manual? And what about the ground crews- same situation....

And now Iran, or you (whichever, I don't really care) speaks for those countries that is so-called intimidated by the US... Which countries, pray tell? What is your basis to back what you say?

And now, you are propagating that MAN should go against GOD? Surely you don't mean that, Shiite man?

As to your concrete that you are so proud of- let me share this with you , in case you have not been told- one does not need to destry the structure to kill the occupants inside... You have heard of FAE, yes? Please understand how that works, and then tell me how good your conrete is then...

Happy Ramadan to you, Hamid...

Last edited:
I think I am having a translation issue here as it appears that on one hand we agree that weapon and defence development go hand in hand and on the other you are saying it is pointless competing with the US because they are the best in the following statement.

QUOTE]

Not saying pointless, it's just why go against he U.S.'s strengths? Why try to go toe to toe? When there are a vareity of other methods Iran could use to accomplish regional goals, most of which are long term and require a big of diplmatic magic and waiting.

Why do what the U.S. is best at doing, on their terms? By their rules?

You can rarely accomplish your goals effectively along those lines.

QUOTE]

Not saying pointless, it's just why go against he U.S.'s strengths? Why try to go toe to toe? When there are a vareity of other methods Iran could use to accomplish regional goals, most of which are long term and require a big of diplmatic magic and waiting.

Why do what the U.S. is best at doing, on their terms? By their rules?

You can rarely accomplish your goals effectively along those lines.

Because in this case they have no option, it is incredibly hard to build a mobile nuclear power plant for example.

We are discussing the concrete for bunkers I am not sure how many other options they have for bunkers.

As far as regional goals go Iran in my opinion is already very successful because they aren't the USA or Israel, it is a very polarised region either you are pro-US or not and Iran is leading the "or not" group so going toe to toe with the US is actually a bonus in many respects and as long as they are smart enough not to incur enough wrath to generate a full on war leading to regime change they will continue to gain ground by poking and prodding the US.

In this end this has little to do with nuclear science it is just political brinkmanship.

Last edited:
Because in this case they have no option, it is incredibly hard to build a mobile nuclear power plant for example.

We are discussing the concrete for bunkers I am not sure how many other options they have for bunkers.

As far as regional goals go Iran in my opinion is already very successful because they aren't the USA or Israel, it is a very polarised region either you are pro-US or not and Iran is leading the "or not" group so going toe to toe with the US is actually a bonus in many respects and as long as they are smart enough not to incur enough wrath to generate a full on war leading to regime change they will continue to gain ground by poking and prodding the US.

In this end this has little to do with nuclear science it is just political brinkmanship.

One way to get around the problem when something is not mobile, as the nuclear facilities for instance is to build decoys. It isn't a cost effective approach. Another approach can be to build the facility under a mountain.

If you go to this link...

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/questions-forum-suggestion-box-25/

and make a post saying that you put it in the wrong place with a link to the thread you want moved I am sure a mod will move it where it should go.

While I personally find it hard to believe there is an object that cant be destroyed I would point out that the same school of thought has existed throughout history, who would have thought 200,000 years ago the rock wasn't going to be all powerful, who would have thought in 1914 that within 25 years armoured monsters would be ruling battlefields or that the Battleship was a thing of the past.

The reality is that new weapons breed new defences which in turn breed new weapons and so on.

So to quote Lao Tzu - There is no greater disaster than to underestimate your enemy.

I am not sure how the Neanderthals were thinking about the rock. The Homo Sapiens Sapiens weren't around 200 000 years ago. You had it 85 000 to 100 000 years wrong. There was a skull found in China dated 200 000 years old, but she wasn't Homo Sapiens Sapiens quite close but not the modern human. Neanderthals were running around from 250 000 years ago up to about 35 000 years ago. Offtopic, but I couldn't resist

Last edited:
I am myself utterly baffled at the scope , and conversation of this thread.

It's very quickly expanded onto a myraid of topics all starting in the wrong forum.

Kudos to the author for a such a gesture, I read some interesting ideas and view points in this thread.

The IIAF seems to have been degraded by the purges & the embargo on parts, especially the F-14. F-4 parts are/were easier to get, Israel supplied some to counter Iraq's successes when Iraq was getting the upper hand in the Iran-Iraq War.

I am myself utterly baffled at the scope , and conversation of this thread.

It's very quickly expanded onto a myraid of topics all starting in the wrong forum.

Kudos to the author for a such a gesture, I read some interesting ideas and view points in this thread.
geesh your not wrong...

Back