Slowed Way Down

m551sheridan

I remember when I first came here a while back that you guys were rolling pretty steady, now I revisit the site and there is hardly dribble out of youz'all.
Was ist los?

i don't know about where you are but the heat here seems to be making everyone ornery and a little slower lately.
t108011.gif

i don't know about where you are but the heat here seems to be making everyone ornery and a little slower lately.
t108011.gif

Sorry to brag Sara but our heat wave is over it's back down to highs 72 to 78 F. those few days in the 90's were murder for us snowbirds. I like Florida but don't want to live there however some say that about our place when the snow flies. You got some nice cool lemonade or ice tea and a shady spot to sit?

We don't use the lamb just extra beef. and put the black pudding in with the meat so it breaks down into a thick rich gravy. ;)

Ingredients

1lb stewing beef (not braising steak) cubed,1/2 lb breast of lamb cubed (or lamb cutlets - 1 each),Black Pudding Ring,1 large onion - chopped,Couple of good shakes Worcester Sauce,Salt & Pepper,Enough water to cover meats - from the kettle is good,4-5 medium potatoes Sliced
Method

Cut beef and lamb into cubes, add chopped onion and about 1/4 of the black pudding, diced, add salt & pepper and Worcester sauce, then add enough water to cover put a lid on the dish and pop into a 180 oven (160 fan) for 1.5 to 2 hours. Check the seasoning and thicken with cornflour & gravy browning (my grandmother eventually moved to Bisto, said it was tastier so now that's what I do). At this point, put the sliced potatoes on top of the meat (like a Lancashire Hot Pot) add more seasoning to the potatoes. Lid back on and back in the over for another hour or so (check the potatoes after an hour). For nice crispy potatoes, lid off for last 1/2 hour of cooking and during this last half hour add as much black pudding (sliced this time) as you like. You need crusty bread to mop up the delicious gravy.

Back