Slavery is not just a crime...It is a business

May 13th, 2005  
SwordFish_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge 7
Right on page 10 of the report it states:

Quote:
38. These are the main findings of an ILO estimate carried out specifically for this report. In the abscence of reliable national estimates, the ILO has developed its own methodology based on a large number of reported cases, or "traces" of forced labour. The result is a minimum estimate which provides a lower number on the total number of forced labour victims in the world. This method does not generate reliable country estimates, which can only be obtained through systematic and in-depth national field studies.
So no hard facts or figures. Just their interpretation.
What no hard facts ........... ummmmmmm it says in the *ABSENCE* of reliable National Estimate ............... ummmmmm and that Applies more to Counties like Iran , NK and China more where getting Reliable Nartional Figures is Somewhat Difficult ...............

And you included USA and Europe in that category where press is somewhat sorta emm Free ( well Almost )

Peace
-=SF_13=-
May 13th, 2005  
Molly Pitcher

Well, their own report says it's unreliable. What more needs to be said?
May 13th, 2005  
A Can of Man

I don't know about the figures but human trafficking is very real and it is big.
--
May 14th, 2005  
MadeInChina

try googling sex traffflicking in Japan, ull know why they are famous for their sex industry
May 15th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Don't point fingers. I'm pretty sure a lot of these people who are being trafficked are Chinese.
May 15th, 2005  
MadeInChina

koreans too for that matter

but the thing is not nationality, but the sheer number of people being abducted
June 13th, 2005  
MI Blues

Topic: Slave Labor?

Would the chart not also depict the profits from sale of products produced by slave labor? If that were the case, I would find the nearly 50% attribution to North America and Europe easily believeable.

Just walk through your local WalMart or Meijers and check for the "Made in China" label. It's a sure bet that true slave or near-slave-wage labor makes most of the items marked "Made in China".
June 22nd, 2005  
CSmaster

lol.....

do u even know what r they making in Prison in CHina??

as far as i have seen,

the prisoners make mostly low-quality and low value (u cannot expect them to make TVs right?, they probably cannot even make T-shirts as criminals will never get motivated to make high-quality stuff), the prision in Taiyuan, SHanxi make cups for themselves, as they are issued with cups when they came into the jail