SKYRIM

Big_Z

MilForum Recon
It comes out in a few days.... I can't wait! Waiting for steam to unlock my pre-load. :D

Just got it off Steam, and pre-installing now. :) I just hope my machine can handle the pure awesome.

I simply cannot wait to get back to the states so I can waste away days of leave playing this game. I have been anticipating its' release for about 2 years now! I heard the new level system is more balanced than on Oblivion and you get perks like you do in Fallout! YaaaaaaY!

Unlocks in a few hours. Nvidia has already released beta drivers for SLI performance. I've been waiting years for this....... I probably had a good 300+ hours on Oblivion.

/cease to exist for next 2 weeks

Last edited:
Unlocks in a few hours. Nvidia has already released beta drivers for SLI performance. I've been waiting years for this....... I probably had a good 300+ hours on Oblivion.

/cease to exist for next 2 weeks

303 hours for me in Oblivion, around 13 of those hours playing as my Chuck Norris look a like character, master in hand to hand and acrobatics.

What did ya get?

ATI Radeon HD 6850 because I know my poor 5450 wouldn't stand a chance. Sadly, it doesn't get here until the 18th so I'll have to wait...but I knew there was a reason I took two weeks off work at the end of the month. I'll probably end up looking like a troll myself when I finally see the sun again.

Well, I couldn't help myself and decided to try Skyrim with my current card...even on low settings, it's pretty choppy. Everything else is alright though. Guess I'll just have to wait until my new card gets here...

Skyrim has some performance issues even with high end systems. I'm running 2 570s and still get drops to 30ish FPS in cities. I get the same frame rates with 1 card disabled as with 2. At times it's only using 25% of a single card even when frames drop below 60(vsync). The visuals don't warrant the performance. They need to iron out the optimizations.

Just got my new card today, and I can't even begin to describe the difference! When I tried yesterday, I only had it on medium graphic settings and while it was "smooth", it was really slow to respond. Compare that with an attempt I made today...sweet jebus, it couldn't be any smoother.

Now, admittedly, this test was only done in the starting dungeon, so there's still plenty of room for slow down. I guess I'll see.

Grats! It's always a great feeling to get a nice bump in hardware.

On another note I've got my 25 assassin rocken x30 backstab with a deadric shrine dagger. :p

If you are playing on the PC check this site out. www.skyrimnexus.com

The game went from looking like a console port to looking like the Witcher 2 at ultra settings. The texture packs make a huge diference, they replace 512kb textures with 2048 textures, the clothes and armor packs make a huge diference too.

There is also a mod to up the ram allocation from 2 gigs to 4 gigs, this gave me a nice performance boost.

My game actually runs FASTER after applying a dozen of the mods, not to mention it looks lightyears better.

Back