Sixth-grader gives birth at school

Prapor

The girl was not even aware she was pregnant

12-year old schoolgirl gave birth in Yakutia. Her water broke during a class. Teachers called a ambulance for her.

They thought the student had a hard case of appendicitis. The girl herself didn't know about her situation. The birth of her daughter was a surprise for her and her parents.

-The birth went fine, no complications, - said a employee of the local birth clinic. - Right now both the mother and the baby are feeling normally, says information agency «Sakhalife».

According to medics, despite her young age, the girl was physiologically ready to give birth, and all her reproductive functions are well developed.

At the school, they say that this is a total surprise for them.

- She went to school, as always. There were nothing to show she was pregnant. - say the educators.

Representatives for Yakutsk local prosecutor's office confirmed that a check is in progress, but stressed that there will be no criminal investigation or charges, due to absense of a crime or victim. The baby's father is a student in Grade 7 at the same school.

http://irk.kp.ru/online/news/808455/

That's Northern Siberia for you... Apparently every third girl 13 and older in those parts is no longer a virgin... And highest number of underage mothers in the country. Staff in many birth clinics there are not anymore surprised when a 13, 14, 15-year old kid comes into a birth clinic and, when asked if he is there to see his mother or older sister, says he is actually there to see his son or daughter lol

It is true though. Not a crime: both parents are underage here.

How come I always hear that Russians are so big, but they're average height is only 5'7" while the U.S. is 5'10"?

How come I always hear that Russians are so big, but they're average height is only 5'7" while the U.S. is 5'10"?

Don't judge us all by Putin :)

Actually, it is true, we have gotten shorter, on average, in the last 15 years. Why that is, I honestly don't know. Environment, I suppose. Russia is one of the world's worst polluted places. Here in Moscow, in some parts, particularly in Zelenograd, where the big chemical plant is, the people joke that they know the periodic table of elements not by heart, but by lungs, because they breathe it every day. Not really so funny when you think about it.

picture23.jpg

1280212900_doseng.org_1.jpg

1256041820_1737984.jpg

That smog, so thick it blurs out the buildings? That's not mist, that's air pollution...

Wow.....That's baaaaaaaaaaaaad. :shock: I feel sorry for you having to live in that. Isn't there anything they can do to clean up the air? And forgive my cluelessness, but what is that beautiful building in the middle photo? The one in the distance just left of center in the bottom photo is beautiful, too. I love your architecture in Russia! :)

I wouldn't get too carried away Los Angeles is not a hell of a lot better every time I fly in there through the yellow/brown haze I spend the first few days with a sore throat, eyes and a lot of coughing.

Essentially I think it is sign of any major industrial city throughout the world to have these sorts of problems although Russia seems to have pollution down to a fine art.

Yes. Beijing is very bad too (I have friends, in China, so, know what goes on there).

And yes, that's St. Basil. And Christ Savior Cathedral in the other one.

Last edited:
I agree with Monty on this one...
LA-smog-2.jpg

Do people in Los Angeles wear medical masks over the summer? We do here.

gripp_5201.jpg

324788.jpg
1287584100_picture.jpg
262421217.jpg

People are even getting use dto it now, same formula every year: summer heat + forest fires = smoke; smoke + heat = bad for health. Smoke + heat + all sorts of annoying infections (brought in by our illegal immigrant friends from places like Tajikistan and spread like above mentioned forest fires) = get a mask.

62434045_Untitled36.jpg

62439139_smog.jpg
01.jpg

This summer, when it was particularly abd, the fires and all that, you could even encounter people in gas masks
I-47-OBSCH-maska-f04_640.jpg

79.jpg

Why are we discussing air pollution when the thread was about thsi sixth-grader giving birth at school?

Life does take weird turns, doesn't it :)

To be honest, both of those are the symptoms of the same illness: our bad governance. Or perhaps even a lack of thereof, in some parts of the country.

Americans doen't wear masks. Back on topic, my wife used to drive a school bus & had the preggie run for years. A number of 12 yr olds, 2 11 year olds & a number of repeat customers over the years. Children get pregnant everywhere!

...my wife used to drive a school bus & had the preggie run for years. A number of 12 yr olds, 2 11 year olds & a number of repeat customers over the years. Children get pregnant everywhere!

But not at the same rates.

Here a map of distributions for 15-19 yrs old (a bit outdated, Spain has e.g. improved a lot and halved the number in the last decade, see further data below), and there e.g. US is (was) way better than RU with 25/1000 compared to 50/1000, but if you take Europe, we have half that rate, between 5-12/1000 depending on nation:

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archivo:Map-world-teenage-biological-mothers2002.svg

In Spain and France (the two nations with the "pill after" without recipie since 7 respectively 6 years) the rate of adolescents (-19) giving birth after an unwanted pregnancy has reduced to a half, from 18.000 per year to 8.800 in 2007, without a significant change of unwanted pregnancies (so much for the argument that the pill would lead the adolescent to more promiscous or irresponsible behaviour), source in Spanish, pass it by a translator:

http://www.clinicasabortos.com/noticias_detalle.asp?id=33

In 2007 we had a total of 153 girls pregnant below 15 yrs (1.2% of the 12.000 below 20, or 0.25/1000 in overall population), our population is 46 Millions to give a relation, so make your own calculations what a sensible sexual education can prevent (could, in the case of the US):

http://www.laverdad.es/murcia/20071115/opinion/ninas-madres-20071115.html

Rattler

Last edited:
Hey that teenage parent stuff isn't that funny, can lead to some scary moments...

Had friends scrape by that dream ender, kinda scraped by my self, talk about learning responsibility at a young age real quick.

But I lucked out, and my bro did as well a few months later.

Last edited:
Back