Situps?

In the US Marines you will have a partner. This partner will sit in your feet and place a hand on each of your calves to steady you.

Your hands will either be placed in your armpits or grasping your biceps. At no time will your forearms leave contact with your body. You may not raise your buttocks off the ground to give you added momentum.(ie you can not bring them up to make contact with your legs sooner.)

You will come up until your forearms touch your legs then go back down. That is one crunch. A perfect score is 100 crunches in 2 minutes or less.

I'm actually an American citizen Doody, I just am studying school at my Uncle and Aunts house in Canada, U.S. I guess.

Thanks Marinerhodes, that really helps a bunch, now I know what I gotta prepare for.

How many sit ups a day are usually required in boot? and does anyone know if you have to pull ups over or under handed, im very good at the under hands but cant do one the opposite way.

The situps per day are dependant upon how fun your DIs decide to make it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

To get a perfect score on your PFT (Physical Fitness Test) in bootcamp and the subsequent PFTs after bootcamp, you will need to be able to do the following: 100 crunches in 2 minutes or less, 20 pullups (overhand or underhand), run 3 miles in 18 minutes or less.

A pefect PFT is 300 points:

Each crunch is worth 1 point.
Each pullup is worth 5 points.
The run time is a bit tricky. 18:00 minutes is a perfect score of 100. For each 6 seconds longer than 18:00 minutes you will lose one point. So if you run a 19:00 minute PFT you will have a score of 90 on the run.

i find it easier to figure out your run score by figuring that every minute past 18:00 is 6points. easier in my mind possibly easier in yours ;).

theres a small amount of people who can run the 3mi. in 18min. most get it inbetween 20-23 and theres a good amount that gets in the 19's. i have a buddy currently on the east coast who can run it in 15 but he is just not human :).

MilidarUSMC said:
theres a small amount of people who can run the 3mi. in 18min. most get it inbetween 20-23 and theres a good amount that gets in the 19's. i have a buddy currently on the east coast who can run it in 15 but he is just not human :).

yeah right now im in the 21 min mark. But trying to get better. I have a buddy that is doing it in 16.somthing. His recruter couldnt belive it.

Thank you for the reply to the pull up questions, because i could not see myself even doing ten of those overhand pull ups. :D go underhand!

Marinerhodes said:
The situps per day are dependant upon how fun your DIs decide to make it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

To get a perfect score on your PFT (Physical Fitness Test) in bootcamp and the subsequent PFTs after bootcamp, you will need to be able to do the following: 100 crunches in 2 minutes or less, 20 pullups (overhand or underhand), run 3 miles in 18 minutes or less.

The run time is a bit tricky. 18:00 minutes is a perfect score of 100. For each 6 seconds longer than 18:00 minutes you will lose one point. So if you run a 19:00 minute PFT you will have a score of 90 on the run.

No push-ups??

Whats the PFT used by army?

Marinerhodes said:

we do a similar thing in football to get our "Iron Man" patch, it basically is the same, but we only ran 1 mile, but each 2 man group had a 20+ pound guard rail post, and we had pushups too. it was hard, the points were 2 for situps, 5 for pullups (either way), i think 3 for pushups, and i dont know how it was for running. you had to get 160 i think to get the patch, and most of us didnt get it.
how high do you have to score to pass the PFT?

to pass you must be able to do all 3 things, 50 situps min. 3pullups and run the 3mi in 28min i think. but if you fail one you fail them all

A passing score for 18-25 is 225 for a 1st Class PFT score.

For the questions about the Army PFT, unless someone here knows I suggest you ask a recruiter.

Yes I say that alot, but if you do not ask them then they probably won't think to tell you.

Spartacus said:
panzer said:
Spartacus said:
Whats the PFT used by army?

The Army APFT uses the following events:

push-ups
sit-ups
2 mile run

Well, I know but I meant what is the perfect score?

Oh, well a score of 300 is a perfect score the system is graded on a scale and based on your age. To receive a go you need to score 60% in each event.

Here is a link with the score chart for each event.

http://www.ncoer.com/apft/

Back