SITES AROUND THE AUSCHWITZ BIRKENAU

Maksym Chornyi

SITES AROUND THE AUSCHWITZ BIRKENAU​

My new material from the Poland-2018 trip took me almost a month of researching, writing, editing. I have visited the Auschwitz memorial site and want to share with you ‘beyond-the-fence’ walking experience along the locations of the historical significance, generally poor known among the visitors. With great respect, I hope this article can widen your understanding of the place, motivate for mindful history and to make your own travel.

I would be greatly appreciated for your feedback (comments, questions, suggestions) as it energizes me to work and share new materials with you. Travel your own history.

https://war-documentary.info/beyond-birkenau/

outside-birkenau-main-eng.jpg

Oddly enough it is one place I have never thought about visiting, I did go to Sachsenhausen while in Berlin.

I suspect the difficulty for me is coming to grips with the magnitude of the crimes committed in these places.

Last edited:
I visited Bergen Belson when I was in Germany in the 1980's with the TA, there's nothing left of the original camp, all there is are mass graves, each one containing over 2000 people.

Back