Singapore's National Day

viper2007

Yesterday, Singapoeans celebrated their 45th year of Independance.

I know that 45 years is little in terms of time, compared to some other nation, but to me, that is 45 years of citizens of Singapore determining their freedom and how they want they country run.

I was involved in the safety and medical coverage of the event. It was truly an honor for me as a citizen.

Awesome!
Do you have any photos?
I lived in Singapore for a short while way back... a very nice place. Singapore's story is remarkable considering how much better the island city-state has managed to do compared to its neighbors. The British try to take credit but it really belongs to the Singaporeans.

Happy Birthday Singapore!

Last edited:
Welcome and hope you get all the answers you need. Also, hope you had a good celebration.

It's really great to see and has been a terrific benefit to the people. although I do miss the old Singapore.

It has always been one of my favourite places.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind going back if the opportunity presented itself.
Clean, safe, nice parks... just gorgeous places... And I actually understand their Singlish lol.

Thank you, friends.

I'm not really good with photo attachements, but I suppose you can get them from websites.

As for those comments about cleanliness, and everything being perky and all- well, it took a bit of doing, but I think we are getting there.

Some say that Singapore is a nation of campaigns- no littering campaign, no drink driving campaign, no spitting campaign- stuff like that, but I suppose it has its purposes.

We did well because we realised that the only resource that we have is the citizens, and the ability to strive, so we emulate some methods from here and there, and we come out with something that we can adapt to.

Many things have been said about Singapore, some true, some not. But what shows is that it is now one of the better nations in the SEA region, in terms of economy and progress.

Anything more to add?

Yup, I would think so, too.

We are hosting the first Youth Olympic Games, just had the openings today.

After that would be the F1 night races in September, followed by the Zouk-out beach party (an international event) in early December. That is followed by the Christmas celebration and the following New Year party?

So, yes, I would think it would be a good idea to visit Singapore in the last quarter of the year...

I think those campaigns are good. They serve real purposes that are relevent to all who live in the area. It's not some vague cause involving a far away place where it doesn't seem to matter whether we pour in $1,000 or $1,000,000.

Yup, I would think so, too.

We are hosting the first Youth Olympic Games, just had the openings today.

After that would be the F1 night races in September, followed by the Zouk-out beach party (an international event) in early December. That is followed by the Christmas celebration and the following New Year party?

So, yes, I would think it would be a good idea to visit Singapore in the last quarter of the year...

Maybe one day :).....I work my tail off non-stop so one day I can just travel around the world ;)....I'll probably end up investing some place in Asia, where my kiddos and I can spend our summers :)...Anyway, It would be cool if you'd post some pics of the youth olympics :)

Back