Since I haven't Introduced Myself

Forrest_Gump

Not really a brand new member anymore, but I like to test the waters a bit before I give up information about myself.

Starting with the CAP when I was 15 I've worn one uniform or another since, including that of my own country. I do not claim Veteran Status for, like many other things in my life, reasons which I choose to keep to myself.

My family has a long standing Military Tradition. I often joke that the first man in my family that didn't kill somebody was my Father (AF 1960-64). He's passed now, so his landmark is secure. I hope to maintain it, though In my profession, there is no guarentee of it.

Since reading "A Bridge Too Far" when I was a young lad, I've had an unquenchable thirst for history. I also have an unquenchable need to know why things happen. These two things caused me more than a few problems with History Teachers. Ever prove a Teacher wrong? I suggest that you don't, the hassle just isn't worth it, not to mention you make yourself a big fat target.

Besides reading and researching, I also build scale models, and collect Jump Wings. An off and on project of mine is the writing of a book about the latter.

Well enough for now.

Hullo,
A BRIDGE TOO FAR was a favourite of mine also ,glad to know a fellow enthusiast.Mil history is also a favourite past time.Its nice to know more people who cater to the same interests and the soldiering tradition seals the bond since yours truly is a soldier himself.WATCH OUT CYNICS THIS IS NOT THE RANTING OF A JUVENILE MIND]

Back