Simon Gunson aka tazjet

tazjet

Greetings, I have a specific interest in WW2 history. My father escaped Singapore as a seaman shipping out Australian troops as the Japanese drove down through Malaya. He was then torpedoed in the Atlantic by U-653. After two weeks at sea he was rescued and joined the Royal Navy becoming a Navy signalman on LCH-187 at Arromanches on D-Day. Later his ship was shelled by 88mm guns and lost at Westkappelle. His stories gave me a fascination with WW2.

My own interest was further gripped by the unusual tale of U-862 which voyaged the Pacific around Australia and New Zealand in 1945. When I learned that U-boats carried Uranium oxide and V-2 rockets to the Japanese in 1944 my interest in Axis nuclear projects deepened. I have formed a set of views about the events of WW2 which challenge the conventional history and are themselves contentious to other historians. I am never frightened of a good debate. I think that is the way to test the validity of any argument. Of one thing I am confident and that is that the true story of WW2 has yet to emerge.

I also take an avid interest in modern geo-politics, for example the situation in Lybia, Syria, Iran, Myanmar and North Korea are all worthy topics to be concerned about.

Back