Signing 18xray

Spartacus

Its been a while since I posted here. I once upon a time spoke with Rndrsafe and others about joining the Army, specifically via the 18xray contract. I have decided that I am going to sign the contract and have begun building my packet. Any suggestions of what to look out for and ask about when I go up to sign the dotted line? I appreciate any advice anyone may have to offer. Thanks

Spartacus

You would be going to FT. Benning for 11b training. While you are at Benning you are a INFANTRYMAN, forget about the 18x thing. You wont even be an Infantyman yet let alone a 18 series. You must score a 240 or higher [70% on each event] on your final PT test to keep that contract. Dont go there telling everybody about it, you will get destroyed by the Drill Sgts and your peers. My best advice is to keep your mouth closed and do everything your told without question. The contract itself is pretty straight forward, the only thing I would think you would want to look for is your GI bill/kicker and your term. I can answer your questions about Ft. Benning, good luck.

Dont go there telling everybody about it, you will get destroyed by the Drill Sgts and your peers.
"What, you're too good for Infantry!? Get down, just get down!" --what the DS would say...every single time he looks at you.

OPSEC/PERSEC my friend...lol

Very good advice from both previous posts... trust your hang. Keep the 18X on the downlow, if the Drills ask you tell em you're 11B... if things haven't changed from my day they won't know until they get your orders for next duty station. By then you're short.

Roger that. I dont know what you guys are talking about... I never even heard of 18xray...how do you spell that?

My recruiters are going to make sure that physically I am ready, and I dont intend on ever scoring below 300. If I can do it, with a 97 on the ASVAB, I hope that I am good to go. TY guys!

Another thing is make sure you know why you're joining. Don't let it be for glory, or for the college money, because it won't be enough. Any DS down there will tell you that flat out. Basic will either be a piece of cake or the hardest thing you've ever gone through. Benning is NOT a fun place sometimes. I still have nightmares about it.

Its not for everyone... the best thing is to keep your head in the game and don't let the Drills mess with your mind. Stay focused and be aware of what's happening. Most recruits just freak out and their intellect shuts down and they go into survival mode. Remember everything they do to you is to teach you something, figure out what it is and you will be five steps ahead and you won't get caught up in the bull.

You'll need a minimum of 110 on the GT and a CO of 98, plus able to obtain a secret security clearance. Unless thats changed...

Back