Signed, Sealed and Contracted

Spartacus

Hello,

It has been a long, long time since I last posted to these forums. First I want to say a big THANK YOU to the mods on this forum, all the helpful information which you keep streaming gave me the knowledge and information I needed to commit to a contract.

Second, I have finally signed my contract. I have OSUT on Sept 24, followed by Airborne and then... well, Rndrsafe knows.

NOW, I earn it.

:salute2:
Thanks,
Matt

Congratulations! you've done well.

Now make the most of it.

Thank you. I shall indeed.

Team Infidel said:
congrats... good luck

Thank TI... I think I will be able to use all the luck I can get (only the good stuff of course)

KJ said:
So you got the billet, now get it done.

Good (luck).

Roger that.

the_13th_redneck said:
Proud of you man

Thank you Redneck.

boris116 said:
Good Luck!
Thank you Boris.

Off to the Benning school for boys is it? Congrates! I am heading back that way to hopefully get started on Airborne and then RIP. Don't take 30th AG personally and injoy the food while you have short order available your gonna need your strength. Don't let **** bags rub off on you. Maintain your push ups and sit ups while at 30th. Keep your focus and you'll do fine. Good luck. Infantry Leads the Way!! Hoaaah!!

Off to the Benning school for boys is it? Congrates! I am heading back that way to hopefully get started on Airborne and then RIP. Don't take 30th AG personally and injoy the food while you have short order available your gonna need your strength. Don't let **** bags rub off on you. Maintain your push ups and sit ups while at 30th. Keep your focus and you'll do fine. Good luck. Infantry Leads the Way!! Hoaaah!!

Thank you. When are you going for AB? My contract has me go directly to it after OSUT... maybe we will be in the same cycle.

I am currently a medical hold over. So as soon as they clear me I will be heading that way. We will definitly be there at the same time I am currently waiting at the airport for my flight to take me Atlanta. You have about 14 weeks and after that there may or may not be a hold for airborne. Last I heard there was a 4 to 8 week wait for airborne. Good luck and stay focused, remember why you joined. If you have any other questions let me know I would be glad to help. Take care

I am currently a medical hold over. So as soon as they clear me I will be heading that way. We will definitly be there at the same time I am currently waiting at the airport for my flight to take me Atlanta. You have about 14 weeks and after that there may or may not be a hold for airborne. Last I heard there was a 4 to 8 week wait for airborne. Good luck and stay focused, remember why you joined. If you have any other questions let me know I would be glad to help. Take care

Indeed. Well then we will be at the same place (roughly speaking) at the same time (estimation...). "See You" there... haha.

Good luck with AB and RIP... try not to break any of the planes will you? Im going to need those to get MY wings...

So, you guys gonna be "five jump chumps"?..

"Blood on the risers"

He was just a rookie trooper and he surely shook with fright.
He checked off his equipment and made sure his pack was tight.
He had to sit and listen to those awful engines roar.
You ain't gonna jump no more.

• Chorus:
    Gory, gory, what a hell of way to die.
    He ain't gonna jump no more.
"Is everybody happy?" cried the sergeant looking up.
Our hero feebly answered, "Yes", and then they stood him up.
He jumped into the icy blast, his static line unhooked.
And he ain't gonna jump no more.

He counted long, he counted loud, he waited for the shock.
He felt the wind, he felt the cold, he felt the awful drop.
The silk from his reserve spilled out and wrapped around his legs.

The risers swung around his neck, connectors cracked his dome.
Suspension lines were tied in knots around his skinny bones.
The canopy became his shroud, he hurtled to the ground.

The days he lived and loved and laughed kept running through his mind.
He thought about the girl back home, the one he left behind.
He thought about the medicos and wondered what they'd find.

The ambulance was on the spot, the jeeps were running wild.
The medics jumped and screamed with glee, rolled up their sleeves and smiled.
For it had been a week or more since last a 'chute had failed.

He hit the ground, the sound was "Splat," his blood went spurting high.
His comrades they were heard to say, "A helluva way to die."
He lay there rolling 'round in the welter of his gore.

There was blood upon the risers, there were brains upon the 'chute.
Intestines were a-dangling from his paratrooper suit.
He was a mess, they picked him up and poured him from his boots.

Back