Sight picture

--

May 26th, 2004  
ruger322003

Topic: Sight picture

I was told to keep both eyes open does this work?
May 26th, 2004  
Marksman

Well.yes but you would have to cover your other eye somehow,cuz if you dont you dubble the sight and cant hit an elephant at 2 yards
May 26th, 2004  
Sooners1

No matter what one eye needs to be closed or covered. I have heard people say the same thing and it never worked for me or some of the people I taught.
--
May 26th, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman
Well.yes but you would have to cover your other eye somehow,cuz if you dont you dubble the sight and cant hit an elephant at 2 yards
I do shoot with both eyes open, I close the one I don't look through the sight with a bit, but it works very well.
It happens naturally for me, and I tend to relax better when I don't have to "force" one eyelid down..
May 26th, 2004  
Sooners1

Excellent advice. If you are busy tryin to keep your eye shut it will throw off concentration and will result in a bad shot. I never thought about it, I will have to pay attention to what I do next time I go out. I do know that both eyes are not open for me.
May 26th, 2004  
Marksman

i meant,to cover it with something,not to shut it
May 26th, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman
i meant,to cover it with something,not to shut it
I don't do that either.
It takes a bit of practice, but I shoot much better with both eyes open..
May 26th, 2004  

Most people have a dominant eye (don't know if I translated that correctly from Dutch) If you're looking trough the sight with your dominant eye, you can keep both eyes open, if you're looking trough it with your non-dominant eye, you'll have to close the dominant one, or it will interfere.
It varies from person to person, do whatever works for you, as long as you keep at least one eye open...

If you want to know if you have a dominant eye, try this link:
http://www.sofweb.vic.edu.au/science...logy/bmy11.htm
May 26th, 2004  
782.matt

I can shoot with both eyes open
May 27th, 2004  
Marksman

So can i,but i like more to sho.............