Sig Pro SP2340

Sgt. Nick Fury

Any of you have experience with this sidearm? Is that particular model widely used in military, and or law enforcement?

I am considering buying one for carry.....(I don't want a true compact....I'm 6'5" and this is nice size for carry on me) I would just like to know more about how widely it is used, and more importantly anyone's personal experieces with this fire arm. I have a chance to buy one that has had less then 200 rounds through it for $450 and that seems like a good deal.

I can't say as I've ever heard of this weapon. But if you're 6'5", and it's a hoss pistol, then go for it. I hope it's a scary looking weapon!

No it's not a big scary weapon...=P Just that it's not a compact, which most prefer for ccp, but they just don't fit well in my hands. The Sig Pro is as small as I really want to go on a carry. I know they have been used extensively in law enforcement especially for the .357 sig round. I'm wondering how often tehy are used in the military, as many of the prior Sig's have been used by ops.

Anyone have experience with the Sig Pro line? Specifically the SP2340 if possible.

I haven't got the chance to fire one of those yet, but it's predecessors where very good, and I hear good things about this one. Can't you try it before you buy it? :) (And if you do, let us know what you think... ;) )

Sgt. Nick Fury said:
I am considering buying one for carry
What do you mean by that? :?

What do you mean by that?
He means personal use,anyway sig pro is very common side arm in law enforcement and SOF.Just few days ago there was a SOF shooting competition here and 2/3 were sig models and the guy who won had sig pro........very good side arm! :lol:

Carry=Personal protection.

Hmmmm, t
its from a good "home".....No reason for it not to be good. Really though, Glocks Sigs, and all these new "plastic" guns are so expensive....Whats wrong with a CZ 9mm, or a FN 9mm? What do you need a SOF class handgun for, whena bullet from an older FN, S&W, Barreta can do just as good a job?

1217 said:
Sgt. Nick Fury said:
I am considering buying one for carry
What do you mean by that? :?

Concealed Carry Permit.....personal defense.

sherman105 said:
Really though, Glocks Sigs, and all these new "plastic" guns are so expensive....Whats wrong with a CZ 9mm, or a FN 9mm? What do you need a SOF class handgun for, whena bullet from an older FN, S&W, Barreta can do just as good a job?

Less maintenance, less jamming, better in adverse conditions...(sand, mud, salt water), less recoil, lighter to carry.....

Lots of reasons to love the modern firearms. Also I don't want a 9mm. I'm looking at .40 .357 sig, or .45. The .40 just seems to be best balance of what i am looking for, and with this gun, a change of the barrel and I'm .357 sig.... This is not a SOF weapon really......but I can't afford the Mark 23 Socom yet...=) I will though......someday.

I do want to try the Zastava. I had never heard it when you posted that and had to look it up. It's very interesting. I would love to test fire it. Still I think I rather go for sig for now...or until I can afford an H&K USP.

Have you looked at the P-226? The P-226 (with stainless slide) in .40S&W

I'm not a big SIG pro series fan, I have the 2009 and 2340 and well, blah.

i have a sig pro sp2340 and its awesome!!!! never misfired or anything i know i overpaid i bought it at cabellas for 500$ with no case or extra clip but its a 40 cal and i can put attachments on it so works for me what i was wondering if there was any way i could put a threaded barrel on it ?

Concealed Carry Permit.....personal defense.

Less maintenance, less jamming, better in adverse conditions...(sand, mud, salt water), less recoil, lighter to carry.....

Are you often in sand and mud?
I don´t know about this particular model, but the P226 and P229 are useless around saltwater unless you have the corrosion-resistant phosphate finish..
And as all finishes it wears..

//KJ.

Last edited:
Back