Sid Meiers Civilization IV (4)

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
I bought Civilization 4 last week, and so for I'm loving it.. :D

I've always been a fan if the Civ series, and I'm not disappointed by this one either.
The first thing you notice is the (seriously) improved 3D graphics.
The gameplay is pretty much the same (and that's a good thing), but it has been refined a lot so overall I must say that this is the best one of the series so far.. :thumb:

Anyone else who's tried it?

I haven't tried it, but I have Civ II and I love it. My brother has Civ III on his laptop, but I don't get to play it much. From what I have played, it's a great series.

MightyMacbeth said:
will I understand how to play civ4 easily?

Yes (probably.. ;) )
It's quite easy for beginners, but you can make it more advanced when you're getting used to it.

MightyMacbeth said:
cool.. sounds nice..

so u just basically build a nation.. its not like Cossacks or the Total War games eh..

Its much more than that. You have to build a nation from the Stone age to the near future. Managing everthing from taxes, culture, military, scentific research, the economy, etc. It just eats time, its so addicting.
Word of advice, stay single. This game (Civ I) cost me my college girlfriend. :bang:

Last edited:
lol, well college itself gives me headaches.. so I guess Il stick to Cossacks 2 napoleonic wars or the total war series :)

No but seriously, I got to try civ , I only live once!

It ain't no slouch

Sid Meiers Civilization III Complete (Gold Edition) ain't no slouch either.

You can spend endless hours building empires and destroying civilizations and never have to observe one drop of blood. HOW ENJOYABLE!

It's one of a very few games that have come out lately that is not solely based on violence.

It calls for a multitude of choices on your part, but if you make the correct choices it will be your spaceship that will ultimately reach the new world and ensure the survival of your civilization.

ENJOY!

hmmm, but i like games wheer i actually see and control the troops, like Rome total war and Cossacks.. and the like.. but ill live with civ, its like Europa Universailles II right?

I have Civ III at home, I bought it after looking for a new RTS game besides the likes of C&C and Star Craft. Having an older computer (500mhz, 40gb hard drive, 256mb PC133 RAM), I was ecstatic *sp* that the box listed it as compatible with my computer. Sadly the darn thing will not run on my computer or the wife's. It just won't load the game. Frustrates the living crap out of me. I've only gotten to enjoy a small bit of it while borrowing a friend's laptop, well not really borrowing he asked me to fix it, took me maybe 10 minutes and I've had it for the past 2 weeks, lol. I enjoy what I've played, but have trouble with money, and developing my society. It didn't come with any manuals, and I haven't taken the time to roll through the tutorial. Any advice, beyond go through the tutorial?

I've just finished a LAN CIV 4 with three friends. The most surprising is that you play at the same time the same turn. But I'm so fond of this game. :rock: It has changed a lot since CIV-I, where your units were represented by simple squares !

the game is totally awesome, except one thing:

I got totally ripped off by its so called "collector limited edition"

the special edition just has a fancy box (probalby made in china worth 1 cent) with a music cd (all music can be found in game file) and a fancy manual (not much different from the oringinal, not even in color)...

and it worth 30$ more...wut a rip off..

Back