Are you sick of politics?

View Poll Results :Are you sick of politics?
Yes 13 65.00%
No 7 35.00%
I don't follow politics anyhow 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

--

September 13th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

Topic: Are you sick of politics?

I reminded myself that this is a non election year and thought about how much political bickering is going on. There is way too much political nonsense for me to fathom at the moment. I am sick of the left and the right for what they are saying and doing. I wish somebody would actually come to a compromise instead of protesting this and blaming someone for that. I am about ready to not follow any news for a month just to get away from politics.

Anyone else feel the same way?
September 13th, 2005  
Charge 7

There are aspects of politics that I am sick of. Partison bickering over trivialities is one of them. Smarmy spindoctors is another. But as for politics itself, no, never sick of it. It is what makes decisions that affect my life and those that I care about so I will pay attention to what is happening in the political circle.
September 13th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

Charge, are you saying I need to get use to politics if I am going to be an officer?
--
September 13th, 2005  
tomtom22

I am not sick of politics, but more on point I am sick of certain politicians who are constantly bickering and spouting their party's point of view no matter what, instead of practising the art of politics, the art of compromise. Some of the best politicians have been those who recognize the needs of their constituents and work with the opposition to reach compromises that go towards achieving and satisfying the needs of their constituents. Someone once said (Tip O'Neill maybe?), "All politics is local".
September 13th, 2005  
Charge 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
Charge, are you saying I need to get use to politics if I am going to be an officer?
(in my best Vermont accent)

Ay-YUH!
September 13th, 2005  
tomtom22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
(in my best Vermont accent)

Ay-YUH!
Second the motion! It's a fact of life that you will find in almost any organization, military, business, government agencies, you name it, it's there. Take it from one who has been in all three of the above mentioned. I have seen it in the Active and Reserve sides of the Army, I have seen it as both an appointed public servant and an elected public official. Suprisedly, it can be even worse in private business.
September 13th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

you two are not very comforting

Maybe my exile from politics will give some sanity back...that is if I ever had any to begin with
September 13th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge 7
There are aspects of politics that I am sick of. Partison bickering over trivialities is one of them. Smarmy spindoctors is another. But as for politics itself, no, never sick of it. It is what makes decisions that affect my life and those that I care about so I will pay attention to what is happening in the political circle.

well it's election year here (4 days away in fact) and i love it. hell it's almost high drama

certianly no where near the mud slinging you have in US presidential races, but enough to keep it interesting.

this website is the find of the NZ election though;

http://www.labour.net.nz/gonebylunchtime/

it's called "gone by lunchtime" in reference to a comment made by our opposition leader who stated that if he got in the Nuclear free NZ legislation would be "gone by lunchtime"....then he tried denying he ever said that...
September 13th, 2005  
tomtom22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie_nz
this website is the find of the NZ election though;

http://www.labour.net.nz/gonebylunchtime/

it's called "gone by lunchtime" in reference to a comment made by our opposition leader who stated that if he got in the Nuclear free NZ legislation would be "gone by lunchtime"....then he tried denying he ever said that...
Sadly we have a few like him in the USA too.
Funny website though
September 13th, 2005  
Chocobo_Blitzer

I look at it, I don't like what I see, but I hafta' look....