Are you sick of politics?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I don't follow politics anyhow

• Total voters
True points. But we've also got to keep in mind the huge number of American citizens who are either active duty, reserve, or veteran. Do you think there's any sort of platform out there that could garner 10% of the vote? I don't see things changing whether Dems or Reps are in power, b/c the party lines are so entrenched.

ironhorseredleg said:
True points. But we've also got to keep in mind the huge number of American citizens who are either active duty, reserve, or veteran. Do you think there's any sort of platform out there that could garner 10% of the vote? I don't see things changing whether Dems or Reps are in power, b/c the party lines are so entrenched.

No, politics will never change as long as these people, except Presidents, make lifelong careers of politics. The Founding Fathers envisioned farmer representatives of the States coming together to make law and tend to the Nation's business and then returning home. They never imagined the Senator Ted Kennedys and many others moving into Washington for life. There are enough people for a third party but there has to be a strong leader to organize and build confidence in their ability to win. Most people are afraid of wasting a vote and opening the field to a Democrat or Republican. I agree that a fairly broad spectrum of people like the Military, sensible religious, strong Constitutionalists, and minorities have the numbers for a rather large 3rd party but lack someone to pull everything together.

Winston Churchill once said, 'When I was young I was liberal, which showed that I had heart. As I grew older I became conservative, which showed that I had brains.'

Back