Show us your wheels.

The first night I drove my Miata down "restaurant row".... I had the top down, in another world.
s0565.gif

Last edited:
V-6..
I would be very dangerous about the town with an 8!
p.s. it has a great stereo system. Yes, I sound like a teenager. Good!!!

I LOVE a V8, I love that burble that only a V8 makes.

If I had the money I would love to get some one like Chip Foose to build me a 57 Chevy painted Candy Apple Red with metallic pearl white on top of a modern chassis, with a 572 cube motor, beefed up gearbox and rear limited slip diff, disc brakes all around with stock looking wheels with wide white wall radial tyres. Basically an old body on top of modern running gear Unfortunately left hand drives aren't allowed to be imported into South Africa any more. I can only dream lol

I don't know the Audi has the small 4 litre V8 twin turbo and it is nice an quiet.

I like quiet vehicles.
:)

Can anyone tell me whether the Audi S8 is significantly different to the A6?

Basically I have to wait about 6 months to get the A6 or Audi NZ have an S8 in stock from a cancelled order for the same price and I can drive it out the door tomorrow (I would have to redo my extra's list so it would be about 2 weeks really).

So I need to make a decision but I am not sure what to do as I just focused on vehicles within my price range and did not expect this to crop up.

All I can tell you Monty is search the internet for reviews/road tests of both models, thats how I decided to buy my Chevrolet Trailblazer by comparing different marques and models. From what I have heard however, the Audi 8 is a tasty bit of kit.

All I can tell you Monty is search the internet for reviews/road tests of both models, thats how I decided to buy my Chevrolet Trailblazer by comparing different marques and models. From what I have heard however, the Audi 8 is a tasty bit of kit.

So you also own a Chevy Trailblazer as well BrintinAfricia. I've been driving one since 2006. Does a good job of pulling the boat. How's yours been running, is it high mileage? I bought mine new but this year it really started to become a money pit.

Yeah I spent a huge amount of time trying to justify the Audi R8 but in the end I am getting too old for a 2 door sports car and with the kid it makes no sense at all so I settled for the cheaper option of the A6 but now they are offering an S8 at the same price as the A6 (a saving of close to $70k).

So you also own a Chevy Trailblazer as well BrintinAfricia. I've been driving one since 2006. Does a good job of pulling the boat. How's yours been running, is it high mileage? I bought mine new but this year it really started to become a money pit.

Mine is a 2013 model 2.8 diesel turbo 4x4 automatic it now has 20,000 kms (about 12500 miles) on the clock. I don't know if my Trailblazer is the same as yours, mine was designed in Brasil and built in Thailand. Got a picture of yours?

Yeah I spent a huge amount of time trying to justify the Audi R8 but in the end I am getting too old for a 2 door sports car and with the kid it makes no sense at all so I settled for the cheaper option of the A6 but now they are offering an S8 at the same price as the A6 (a saving of close to $70k).

If I were in your shoes I would take the S8 in a heartbeat. The only time you are too old is when they screw the lid down.

Last edited:
If I were in your shoes I would take the S8 in a heartbeat. The only time you are too old is when they screw the lid down.

Yeah the wife says the same thing although it is a double edged sword as I still will have to buy the extras which were included with the A6, basically it is the choice between the top of the range A6 or the stock model S8.

2il2eyd.jpg

I have a 2012 Jeep Compass Latitude. mine has black lockable wheels. 4 cyl full time traction control and on demand 4X4. also comes with remote engine start and seat warmers. as of now i have just over 6000 mi on it

2il2eyd.jpg

I have a 2012 Jeep Compass Latitude. mine has black lockable wheels. 4 cyl full time traction control and on demand 4X4. also comes with remote engine start and seat warmers. as of now i have just over 6000 mi on it
My husband drives a jeep grand Cherokee Laredo V6, we have no need of heated seats, too warm here, however great car for off roading.

My husband drives a jeep grand Cherokee Laredo V6, we have no need of heated seats, too warm here, however great car for off roading.

I heard the warranty is void if you drive off road. that true ??

yes I need the heated seats here. the remote engine start is great. when the engine starts the defroster is also turned on

1ha2rs.jpg

Back