Show us your wheels.

I let my teenage son drive mine with me in the car and he ran two red lights on purpose. Never again. Why are some such brats?????:shock: Don't answer..

That would be the last time my teenager drove until he had his own vehicle and was out of the house.

My cousin had a miscarriage because of a guy trying to floor his way through a red light. Hit her so hard she had to go to PT for two months and lost her pregnancy.

I agree and that's sad Pixie. Teens now.. they do need consequences. I've been through two and this is the second round. Sorry to hear about that and sorry to know it probably happens more than we know.

I see the aftermaths of teen "driving" all to often. Most of the fatal car accidents I've attended, have had a teen(s) involved.

I see the aftermaths of teen "driving" all to often. Most of the fatal car accidents I've attended, have had a teen(s) involved.

A few years ago, I think is was Devon and Cornwall Constabulary had an initiative where Police motorcyclists met with civi bikers and had chats about safer riding. They also invited bikers to ride over a set course with a plod following and then give advice on how to improve their riding, I thought it was a good idea.

A few years ago, I think is was Devon and Cornwall Constabulary had an initiative where Police motorcyclists met with civi bikers and had chats about safer riding. They also invited bikers to ride over a set course with a plod following and then give advice on how to improve their riding, I thought it was a good idea.

A lot of forces do it, mine included. It's called "bikesafe". It's very popular with bikers.

There's lots of clips on YouTube.

With so many teens being involved in fatal's, maybe it would be an idea to extend the scheme to young car drivers?

My force had held open sessions one night a week for 17-25 year olds to come along for driver education. It was quite popular and we had a good turnout.

Not to sure why we haven't continued with it tbh.

My force had held open sessions one night a week for 17-25 year olds to come along for driver education. It was quite popular and we had a good turnout.

Not to sure why we haven't continued with it tbh.

Such schemes show the human side of the police and that not all young'uns are not lead footed numbnuts, instead of a "them and us" attitude.

Well you will all be happy to know that after much head scratching and a lot of umming I have settled on a 2015 Audi S6, I was going to go for the RS7 but I just couldn't find anything I liked about the back end of the car.

The reason it is a 2015 and not a 2014 is apparently that is how long it will take to arrive, go figure.

I now have this. ;)

zafira_zpsc8fbf47d.jpg

For months I have been agonising about what new car to buy now that I have retired, a month ago I finally decided on a Chevrolet Trailblazer 4x4 2.8 turbo diesel, 6 speed automatic, 7 seater with Sat Nav, nudge bar, tow bar, anti smash and grab window film with a crap load of safety equipment and other kit. For a heavy vehicle its quite good on diesel, around town I am getting 9km/litre or about 25-26 MPG

Last edited:
Nice car Dadsgirl, it looks very much like the Chevy Cruze we get here in SA. What motor is fitted?

V-6..
I would be very dangerous about the town with an 8!
p.s. it has a great stereo system. Yes, I sound like a teenager. Good!!!

Last edited:
Back