Show us your wheels.

Very nice! :D

Not sure about the colour though.

What's your first choice?

Oddly enough I chose the colour because it wasn't the standard Audi silver or black.

Personally I prefer a more sports styled car but with the kid it made more sense to get a 4 door so I guess something more along the lines of an S5 Coupe would have been more to my liking.

2006 for me, plus 7 years RMP, 4 and a half years LGPS.

You're in a better place than me! :lol:

22 years RM more or less spunked away on my motors and 6 years police.

The remainder of my RM pension is out of reach for now. Probably for the best. ;)

Last edited:
Oddly enough I chose the colour because it wasn't the standard Audi silver or black.

Personally I prefer a more sports styled car but with the kid it made more sense to get a 4 door so I guess something more along the lines of an S5 Coupe would have been more to my liking.

At least you didn't go for "recession white"! :angel:

A BMW M5 or a Merc C63 AMG is 4 door and will put a smile on your face. ;) :D

At least you didn't go for "recession white"! :angel:

A BMW M5 or a Merc C63 AMG is 4 door and will put a smile on your face. ;) :D

It would be a chilly day in hell before I would ever own another white or black car.

I have had an M3 and an M6 in the past and didn't think a lot of them.

Mercs on the other hand cost an arm and a leg even on a descent salary so I have never really looked at them.

It would be a chilly day in hell before I would ever own another white or black car.

I have had an M3 and an M6 in the past and didn't think a lot of them.

Mercs on the other hand cost an arm and a leg even on a descent salary so I have never really looked at them.

White looks good when it's polished and waxed, but it's a bugger to keep clean.

M3 and M6 eh. Nice one. :D Never driven a M6 but test drove a M3 and found it some what lacking.

I've been looking at a Merc C63 AMG. Looking at about £55k. Well worth every penny though.

I've been looking at a Merc C63 AMG. Looking at about £55k. Well worth every penny though.

Try NZD $170,000, generally my eyes start watering at $50k when it comes to cars and I think the wife had to sign the cheque for the Audi.

I am not much of a "car" person, because I can afford it I get good vehicles but on the whole I tend to think you can get just as good a car for NZD $15,000 as you can for $150,000.

Try NZD $170,000, generally my eyes start watering at $50k when it comes to cars and I think the wife had to sign the cheque for the Audi.

I am not much of a "car" person, because I can afford it I get good vehicles but on the whole I tend to think you can get just as good a car for NZD $15,000 as you can for $150,000.

$170k NZD. :shock: That's about £97k!!!! Not even I could afford that.

$50k NZD (£28k) is more than the British average wage!

I'm a car person and will quite happily spend big money on cars. But I've got no dependants which helps. Plus it's my only real treat for many years of hard graft.

$170k NZD. :shock: That's about £97k!!!! Not even I could afford that.

$50k NZD (£28k) is more than the British average wage!

I'm a car person and will quite happily spend big money on cars. But I've got no dependants which helps. Plus it's my only real treat for many years of hard graft.

I think the New Zealand average wage is around $28k as well which is why I believe the average age of cars on the road in New Zealand is 12 years.

I am lucky enough to earn well above that so I usually change vehicles on a 5 year or 75,000km cycle in order to keep the resale value as high as possible.

But as I have said I don't really put too much into cars I am more of a traveler I would rather see the world than drive around town however money is for your enjoyment and if that is an expensive car then good on ya.

Last edited:
I think the New Zealand average wage is around $28k as well which is why I believe the average age of cars on the road in New Zealand is 12 years.

I am lucky enough to earn well above that so I usually change vehicles on a 5 year or 75,000km cycle in order to keep the resale value as high as possible.

But as I have said I don't really put too much into cars I am more of a traveler I would rather see the world than drive around town however money is for your enjoyment and if that is an expensive car then good on ya.

I tend to change mine every 3 years as I don't want a modern car that's out of the manufacturers warranty. All 3 of mine are 3 years old this year. However, I'm keeping the R36 as it was one of the last ones made and is now a collectors item and rare. The Rangie and S3 will be getting traded in once we've decided on what to order as replacements.

I'm in the lucky position of having no mortgage (paid off through inheritance after my parents untimely deaths), no kids and we both have decent paid jobs and military pensions. I spent too many years away on deployments so now I'm finally treating myself.

At the end of the day, I'd rather have spent the money and enjoyed myself, than die with it sat in the bank doing nothing and earning little interest.

I tend to change mine every 3 years as I don't want a modern car that's out of the manufacturers warranty. All 3 of mine are 3 years old this year. However, I'm keeping the R36 as it was one of the last ones made and is now a collectors item and rare. The Rangie and S3 will be getting traded in once we've decided on what to order as replacements.

I'm in the lucky position of having no mortgage (paid off through inheritance after my parents untimely deaths), no kids and we both have decent paid jobs and military pensions. I spent too many years away on deployments so now I'm finally treating myself.

At the end of the day, I'd rather have spent the money and enjoyed myself, than die with it sat in the bank doing nothing and earning little interest.

I tried the 3 year thing but to be honest it just seemed like a hassle, generally it takes me 5 years to figure out what I want next.

But I agree as they say "you cant take it with you" so once you have enough in the bank to cover the unexpected you may as well have fun with the rest.

I tried the 3 year thing but to be honest it just seemed like a hassle, generally it takes me 5 years to figure out what I want next.

But I agree as they say "you cant take it with you" so once you have enough in the bank to cover the unexpected you may as well have fun with the rest.

It is a hassle but I'd rather not have a modern car out of warranty. Too many expensive things that could go wrong!

We've still to make up our minds on two replacements and time is getting on. The current build times on car orders is a joke so unless something is ordered soon, it'll be 2014 before they land on my drive.

The way I see it is that we could die at anytime. Best to enjoy the money when you can. Plus it leaves less in the bank for Mrs CF to waste should I snuff it. ;)

This is my baby. 1974 Holden Torana. Currently building a new 355ci engine, hoping to get between 350 and 400 horsepower. Not too bad in a 1200kg car. You could give me any car in the world, and I would sell it to put more money into this!
uploadfromtaptalk1361019136922.jpg

Back