Shouold US sell more weapons to Taiwan?

sandy

As you know,US sold 4 Kid class DDG to taiwan.
But,China is developping their military very fast rate.
Taiwan NAVY has only old ladies and ARMY does not have any thirde generation Tank.
If this situation continues, the military balance in Taiwan Strait would be upset in next 5 years.

Sell, sell, sell... it won't go another five years without the merde hitting the ventilateur anyway... if we aren't killing ChiComs in the Strait before my son starts kindergarten I will be very surprised... pleasantly surprised but surprised nonetheless.

Because
The reason for today's Taiwanese problem is because of the
failure of diplomatic policy of the United States.
To begin with, the United States should not give him Taiwan.
The United States should have made native people in Taiwan proclaim one's independence.
This problem might not been complicated as today if it was done so.
Chiang Kai-shek slaughtered over 30,000 citizens in Taiwan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/228_Incident

I have said repeatedly the US should not get involved as these two countries deserve each other BUT the politicians of my country deem otherwise.

Yea, the US should sell Taiwan as many weapons they want within a reasonable limit of course. Every nation has the right to defend itself. If hte US sells weapons to other countries worse than Taiwan, then why should they discriminate against them? A strong Taiwan, Japan, and South Korea would mean good buffers against a hostile China.

Sell, sell, sell....

I think that the United States of AMerica should arm and support it's allies.

Back