Should your country punish people who are traitors? - Page 2

View Poll Results :Should your country punish people who are traitors?
Absolutely! String em up! 12 85.71%
It would depend on the person that committed it. 1 7.14%
No Way! Everyones free to do what they want. 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

June 17th, 2004  
Redneck

And we have the right to disagree with her, kind of the nature of a discussion. Now stay on-topic, only post if you have something to add to the discussion.
June 17th, 2004  
Marksman

Roger that.i guess so,well traitory in some countryies you get a bullet,on the other hand in some you get prision,it pretty much depends on goverment and structure of population and main "system"
June 17th, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

if their a traitor string their ass up. if they just hate america let them float in international waters. And find a country that will take them.
--
Boots
June 17th, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman
Roger that.well this isue is american stricly,and its like that cuz i dunno the laws of traitory.In some countries you get shot for that,but since you dont have a death penalty in every state,it prety much depends on state laws
Then try them in a state that does have the death penalty.
June 17th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPhoenix
What gives anyone right to punish another human being?

Punishment is never acceptable.
You agree with imprisonment, correct? That is a form of punishment. If a traitor were made to pay a $200 fine, that would be punishment as well. Perhaps it is best to state what types of punishment you are against.

Quote:
Main Entry: pun·ish·ment
Pronunciation: 'p&-nish-m&nt
Function: noun
1 : the act of punishing
2 a : suffering, pain, or loss that serves as retribution b : a penalty inflicted on an offender through judicial procedure3 : severe, rough, or disastrous treatment
June 17th, 2004  
Darkmb101

If the country was the United States of America, id give the traitor the death penalty.

If the country was :randomly chooses a country: North Korea i wouldnt know whether to shoot him or give him a medal.
June 17th, 2004  
soilder79936

i put it would depend on the thing they did but like the oklahoma they should give them the death penalty
June 18th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmb101
If the country was the United States of America, id give the traitor the death penalty.

If the country was :randomly chooses a country: North Korea i wouldnt know whether to shoot him or give him a medal.
Quite interesting thought. But lets simplify things by accepting the view that the topic refers to the way a country should treat ITS OWN traitors. Because of course North Korea's traitors ( or Saddam's Iraq traitors ) are seen as patriots or, as Reagan RIP put it, " Freedom Fighters " by us.
Let's just focus on how WE should trait OUR traitors. Let's not make it a global or universal issue ( my 2 cents ).

But Darkmb you did great reminding that we always have to think of how relative everything is.
June 18th, 2004  
Tessa

Quote:
Main Entry: pun·ish·ment
Pronunciation: 'p&-nish-m&nt
Function: noun
1 : the act of punishing
2 a : suffering, pain, or loss that serves as retribution b : a penalty inflicted on an offender through judicial procedure3 : severe, rough, or disastrous treatment
My fault, and actually I don't know.

I think I mixed punishment with torture.

So ignore my before post. I will get back to this when I start thinking correctly.
June 21st, 2004  
Sgt. Nick Fury

The Constitution of the United States, Art. III, defines treason against the United States to consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid or comfort. This offence is punished with death. By the same article of the Constitution, no person shall be convicted of treason, unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court

...that's all I have to say about that.