Should Women Be In The Military?

Should Women Be In The Military?

• Total voters
Well Sash wanted the opinion of other people people on the site, who are from around the globe, if women should serve in not only the US military, but world wide.

:rambo:
first off, Spartan is an awsome gal, i talked to her and yes she did misunderstand the question. next, the thing is when a soldier see another male soldier KIA it doesnt affect them the same way it does when a soldier sees a female soldier die.

second: lynch didnt deserve the bronze medal, maybe som POW MIA recignition but thats about it. she wasnt raped or hurt all that much...please excuse me if im being a dick but there are guy<--GUYS being killed every day, i havent heard of any women being shot in the ass latly so...

"old men declare war but it is the youth that fight and die."

militaryman1 said:
:rambo:
first off, Spartan is an awsome gal, i talked to her and yes she did misunderstand the question. next, the thing is when a soldier see another male soldier KIA it doesnt affect them the same way it does when a soldier sees a female soldier die.

second: lynch didnt deserve the bronze medal, maybe som POW MIA recignition but thats about it. she wasnt raped or hurt all that much...please excuse me if im being a dick but there are guy<--GUYS being killed every day, i havent heard of any women being shot in the ass latly so...

"old men declare war but it is the youth that fight and die."

Well, firstly - report to the welcoming center and introduce yourself. Read the forum rules before making any more posts.

Secondly, what experience do you have to comment on how we feel when we see our friends die? From your profile, you have none. So why don't you keep your yap shut about it?

As for Lynch, no one cares what you think. And you clearly, as with the rest of your comments, know nothing of what you speak.

Thirdly, watch your comments about dead American soldiers on this board, and specifically in front of me. You prove once again, you're merely talking out of your ass. You have not made a good start here at all, kid.

Have a nice day.

i'm sorry i did misunderstand the post topic... i did not realize that women actually being in the military was of question. i only assumed that since women are already amongst our ranks, that the topic was a little outdated, that or written incorrectly. To be honest I came across this forum website looking for research on the topic of "women in combat", for a paper that i've been working on; and came across the dissussion within one of your posts... its amazing where a search engine will take you.... Yes well i decided to join and take part in it... unfortunatley i dont think this is the right post... although when reading your different topics i stumbled across this one and i just had to ask that impervious question... lol but yes i am new, and instead of introducing myself i just jumped right in.
:roll:

as for militaryman1... he seems to have a slight ego problem... lol

spartan

SpartanSQ, if you scroll down a bit in the "military related" forum, you'll find another topic that discusses women in combat. Btw, if you start from the beginning - this topic does as well. Stick around, there are lots of discussions on various things here .. some heated, some relaxed and some comical.

If you would, give us a short introduction of yourself in the Welcoming Forum. As for me, I will go ahead and welcome you aboard. Enjoy!

HA! gET OvER YOURSELF "military-wannabe1"! and would you quit reminding me about the uniform tommorrow!: its already in the wash! ThANK YoU VeRy mUcH! :x

militaryman1, do not post here again. Your attitude and disrespect are not welcome here, and you will not harrass the other members.

If it were just me here, i'd say dont worry about it, i''m used to it, but there's other people here... he's just actin out cuz he's trying to compensate for somthing (guess what it is)... he's a good guy, hes just being INCREDIBLY stupid. sorry guys.

Ma'am, he is NOT a "good guy," or he would behave like a gentleman.

Remain on topic from here on, everyone.

Both of you check your PMs (upper left corner).

Check your Private Messages!

These are located in the upper left hand corner of the main screen.

I personally see no reason at all why we shouldn't allow woman cant be in combat situations ive nown many girls who are tough enough to survive basic and even probably special forces

Yes, but just remember, we men have morals, one of mine is not to hit women, now I don't know what would happen in combat, but I don' know if I could bring myself to hit a woman, but when they are shooting at me it is different. After all, women and children first, that is a famous line used on the Titanic. and all this talk about innocent women and children being killed, I think women should have all the same opportunity's as men, and some of the things they said in GI Jane are true, about the Roman soldiers being horrified after they killed a women soldier that they all stood over her body and wept and were then killed by the enemy. I guess I am sick of women saying they wanted to be treated as equals but they don't want to take any of the consequences.

Hi,

hmmmm it was a long read....... took me half an hour to read them all ............quite Interesting though . :)

My personal Openion : I have no problem with Women Occupying post in Combat Roles

In the modern world.......there are no domains of work that women haven't delved into........ Words such as chairman and cameraman have been rephrased as chairperson and cameraperson........... to accommodate women. ;) :D

Personaly i don't think it should be done to satisfy a few feminist and it should be a gradual process slowly working their way up.........There were Quite a few Problems when the women Were first Allwoed into the Male Domained Indian Army ...........it took some time for things to settle down for both the Sexes :)

One Problem that Men Complained of was their Privacy they now had to behave like a gentelman all the time ....( I guess Guys will understand what i mean...when girls are around guys do become gentelman ;) ) ..........Slowly and stedily they Mixed in .

Well Sash wanted the opinion of other people people on the site, who are from around the globe, if women should serve in not only the US military, but world wide.

Quite a few Countries have been using their Services in the MIllitary ..............India is one ............India Employs Women in it's all Four wings of Defence Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard.)

The role of women in the armed forces for a long time, was limited to the medical profession i.e. doctors and nurses........... In 1992, the doors were thrown open for women entry as regular officers in aviation, logistics, law, engineering and executive cadres. Thousands of spirited young women applied.........And I have heard the Defence Minister Quote a few times they they are experimenting with Women in Combat roles In Air Force and Army and they may be allowed soon.

In India All three Wings have Diffferent Policies Regarding Woman's Role:

ARMY: EME, Signals, Engineers, Army Education Corps, Army Ordnance Corps, Army Service Corps, Intelligence and Judge Advocate General's branch.

NAVY: All branches of the Navy (except submariners and divers).

AIR FORCE: Flying (Fighter pilot, or a Helicopter pilot, or a Transport pilot), Technical and Administration branches.

COAST GUARD: All branches of the Coast Guard.

Peace
-=SF_13=-

I'm with Redleg on this one (why is that not surprising?) I too remember reading the Israeli study. Women can do the job but we men just can't handle seeing them hurt. That isn't a sexist thing, rather it is completely natural. It is way down there in the biology that we must protect the female at all costs. Nature made us that way not society. Society added the bigotry I've seen all too often. Worthiness is completely a non-issue so far as whining or whathaveyou. My mother is 100% Scot and she was tougher than my Marine father on us boys in ensuring that we stood up for ourselves growing up. My sister was the only girl in the family with four brothers so she was quite able to hold her own. As to physiology, yes it would be unlikely to find too many women who could do the kind of jobs Rangers and Special Forces do let alone infantry. There are many other combat jobs they could do but that isn't the problem. It is men's instinctive need to protect women that would be the stumbling block. Women can and are today contributing enormously to the military in many ways. Flight is perhaps the only combat role that would work. You get shot down well there's nobody there to stand by you anymore than there is for men until rescue arrives. There have indeed been studies that show women have the ability to handle more Gs than men. They also have a greater reaction time and are capable of keeping track of more bandits than men if I recall the study correctly.

a couple things that have probably been brought up that are my opinion

-women in the military is cool with me but not in combat

-society couldn't handle seeing them being killed, captured, tortured, etc.

-for the most part women are not going to be as physically able to preform certain tasks and that also means they can carry less equipment and might not be able to carry a fallen comrade to safety/medical

-they have lower training standars and qualifications, i would think about it if they were raised to meet the standards of the men and also don't have segregated training becuase that is another thing that gives them special treatment

-the feminists argue that technology has made war less physically demanding and it is more of a bush button war, bs. if anyone here has ran for a while with a fully loaded ruck then you know what i am talking about

@lynch- i have noticed that some people point to her when arguing about women in combat when she when her gun really jammed in combat and she was not able to fire

texasrebel211 said:
@lynch- i think she got the bronze star or something like that and it wasn't deserved, she didn't even fire one shot b/c he gun jammed (the M-16 will hardly ever jam if cleaned a couple times a day or whatever amount needed)

I would be very careful on voicing your opinion on what PFC Lynch rated and did not rate in terms of her decorations. FYI The decoration Lynch was awarded was the Bronze Medal without the Combat Valor Device. The Bronze Star Medal w/o the Combat Device denotes meritorious service.

As for Lynchs actions in combat unless you were there you can't make a definitive statement on what or what did not occur.

03USMC said:
texasrebel211 said:
@lynch- i think she got the bronze star or something like that and it wasn't deserved, she didn't even fire one shot b/c he gun jammed (the M-16 will hardly ever jam if cleaned a couple times a day or whatever amount needed)

I would be very careful on voicing your opinion on what PFC Lynch rated and did not rate in terms of her decorations. FYI The decoration Lynch was awarded was the Bronze Medal without the Combat Valor Device. The Bronze Star Medal w/o the Combat Device denotes meritorious service.

As for Lynchs actions in combat unless you were there you can't make a definitive statement on what or what did not occur.
well she was there and she said her rifle jammed.....

edit for grammar, i suck at english :p

Back