Should Women Be In The Military?

Should Women Be In The Military?

• Total voters
Re: yes

No MERCY said:
In combat soldiers die. They all die fighting.AS far as trainning. Its all in your mind. Pain is not known unless it is taught. With out fear or pain they can be as good or better than some soldiers. Its all in the mind u must free your self.

Yes I am confused as well :?:

Lets see if I can translate this:

In combat soldiers whether they are men or women die and they die fighting for their country. With training on the other hand, it is a mental battle. It is about the Attitude. Pain and resistance to pain is taught and soldiers of both genders can become good of better soldiers with this training. In general both being and becoming a soldier is a stage; think outside the box.

nah i can be an insane, pyschopathic maniac at times.

Muahahahahahah Beware of my WRATH Muahahahahahahah :m16shoot: BUT thats only SOMETIMES :cheers:
that was really :eek:fftopic: but thats ok

Before I began my own business, I worked for one of the larger contractors on the SRA (repairing) the USS Kennedy last year. It was a huge 450 million dollar project taking a year. I could easily climb all ove the ship, hang from a harness and crawl tanks as well as any man could do. However, I did NOT have the physical ENDURANCE and STRENGTH of a man.

In spending quite a bit of time with the female sailors, most of them felt the same way.

I don't think a female should be excluded from the military. Their contribution in many areas is very vital. They should, however, acknowledge that they do have some physical limitations....which they can more than make up for by mental imput.

I found easier ways to accomplish things...because I HAD to. It ended up helping everyone. In the battlefield though, I would not be able to complete the mission as well as a man.

Perhaps a FEW women could...but it would be hard to make that determination until it was too late.

This is just MY opinion...... :D

Well put, ma'am.
Actually when I used to work in construction, one of the competing crews had a female (actually the mother of one of the guys on MY crew :lol: ) who was the toughest woman I've ever seen in my life, but she is definitely the exception (she could probably deadlift more than I can, to my undying shame :lol: ). But I have nothing but respect for the females who are serving their country in any capacity. Sorry for the randomness, I just got sent down a mental sidetrack :lol: .

But I have nothing but respect for the females who are serving their country in any capacity.

I think the majority of mature, self-confident serving males do as well. Ignoring the few (and they are few) ignorant males that may disagree, most everyone appreciates the service one give to their country, no matter MOS, and no matter gender. While we joke, pick and generally take pot shots at each other - we're a team, and we work together. It saddens me to see women disregard their sacrifices by claiming they can't "really" service their country unless in combat arms. They not only take away from those females that have made a sacrifice to serve, but the males in support MOSes as well. And they most certainly take away from those females that have paid the ultimate price in those "non-combat" MOSes.

I have been in the USAF for almost 12 yrs. The best people I have worked for have been both male and female. I have also worked for some really bad ones too... both male and female. I've seen no difference really, where gender is concerned. It's sad because the ratio of females/males being 1 out of 100 (in the aircraft maintenance realm anyway), and 1 bad female troop will ruin the whole thing for the rest of us who are going above and beyond trying to prove ourselves.
I have met maybe... 12 females who were in my AFSC/Career/MOS field and all, but two of them were awesome mechanics. The other two?... well, they were just screw ups and whiners.. but the fact is..that there are just as many male screw-ups and whiners too. What's worse is, now days, for every 10 Airmen that come in the AF, maybe 2 of them will be really good, motivated workers. TWO, folks. And that's all males, so the whole ratio thing works out. There are just as many sorry/lazy/trouble-some male troops as there are female troops.
It doesn't really matter what gender you are... if you're a hard worker, and you have initiative and spirit.. what the heck does it matter what you have in your pants? ;)

I see no reason not to allow women in the military as long as the men behave when they're around...if you know what I mean.

The only possible exception would be submarines, since the quarters are so tight...there's no room for a refit of subs to allow for women's quarters.

Including women in combat is just that much more the enemy will have to go up against. Women are perfectly capable, i see no problem with it.

What I just noticed was that there were four consecutive posts with blanket statements "Of course!" but no real logic to back them up at all. Those are valid opinions so long as they are backed up by fact and logic.

It is not gender descrimination. Its logistics and moral issues. Human nature does not have women as the fighters and defenders and thats a fact. Its more natural not to have women fighting than it is to.

My 2 centavos.

FutureRANGER said:
What I just noticed was that there were four consecutive posts with blanket statements "Of course!" but no real logic to back them up at all. Those are valid opinions so long as they are backed up by fact and logic...

I only see maybe one post that has no "real logic" to back it up. What posts are you talking about?

Alright sorry Razor I worded that wrong.

What I meant was that those posts basically said the exact same thing without adding anything or offering any supporting details.

FutureRANGER said:
Alright sorry Razor I worded that wrong.

What I meant was that those posts basically said the exact same thing without adding anything or offering any supporting details.

Ok, understood. :D

we're already there.

I'm sorry to interupt, but i'm new to the forum and came across this poll establishing some topic of "SHOULD WOMEN BE IN THE MILITARY?". Although i am partial towards the women's equality views amongst this post, i am curious, and whether or not you have already addressed this matter within the post, i would not know because i am still a teenager and am simply too lazy to read the entire 10-12 pages, as to the real question- "ARENT WOMEN ALREADY IN THE MILITARY?" hasent the government already prescribed women amongst men not only in the military, but- are gradually allowing women to fight in combat? i guess what i'm trying to get after is why was this post made, if women are already amongst the United States ranks.... or did i miss somthing?

respectfully,

spartanSQ

I believe you misunderstood the original question. Yes women are in the military. The question is whether or not that is a good thing or not. Whether or not women should be in the military, though they already are and have been for many many years.

Back