Should Women Be In The Military?

Should Women Be In The Military?

• Total voters
Global hawk, ROFLMAO.
I would love to see a woman run up a mountain with an M2. You can argue equality all you want, but in mixed units, you know who gets the crew serves? The MEN.

I have run into only one female who can excede all male PT standards. I have no problem goping into combat with her. Women can be allowed into combat units if and only if she can meet all male physical standards.

well

Since when does pure strength matter ?
We don't live in the middle ages when it still mattered to a large degree.

LOL. Ok, what your saying is that Hand-to-Hand is a thing of the past?LOL.

Now, I never said NO woman is capable of the physical reqs'. All Im saying is that most women are not, and that economically, its dumb.

You are going to tell me that strength doesn't matter when you are carrying a 200+ pound ruck? Or when you have to carry a wounded comrade?

Strength does matter, ask anyone who has done time in a line unit. Here are a few examples that I encountered in my time in a Mech Infantry unit:
1) Flipping the armored skirt on a bradley(so the top of the track can be cleaned.)
2) loading 25 mm ammo boxes
3) reloading the TOW launcher
4) Carrying the AT weapons on top of full battle rattle, weapon, ruck, MOPP suit, and Pro-mask.

These are just a few examples off of the top of my head. IF women want equality then they should have to live up to the same standards as men.

yea i agree with jaegerwolf. i didnt answer the poll because i believe they will be in eventually. first serving for artillery, behind enemy lines, and later, the tough enough ones will serve on the front line. but that'll be when women and men take shower together. thats when equality will be in full effect. and i think that if the women can hang with the men all the way, we'll need them some time in the future. but i just think that there will be reports of rape and sexual harassment and shiet. but til then, nurses they will be.

I have seen woman who could kick the average's guys ass.
If there is a need for pure strength they can be trained.

No way will there be male- female units on the ground.
They can only serve together if they don't need to sleep together..anything else is asking for trouble.

All im saying is , if i look at the average male recruit they don't look more tough then your average female.
They can be trained to perform everything a male soldier could do.

woman in the front lines? sure if they can perform..if not they need to get the hell away and as far as possible.
Just like males who do not perform there duties as they should.

Sure we have all seen females who can beat the shit out of the average guy, but they are in the extreme minority.

For example, on the PT test female push ups: min 19; max 42, male: min 42, max 71. sit ups is the same, but the female two mile run is min: 18:46; max: 15:54, and once again the males: min:15:54, and max: 13:00.

If a woman can't do as many push ups as I can or run as fast as I can then how is she equal in combat?

Ok, we're all just spitting into the wind here and developing bad blood. I will not lock this topic yet, but unless someone has something NEW to discuss on the subject, I would suggest they restrain themselves.

strength is a matter of physical fitness.... while a man can achieve this at a greater level i have seen women who have been able to haul ass...... i believe that if they can meet the male standards they should be allowed to serve :tank: but i also think it will take as long as a service having a female chief of staff to do that.....

TacticalEdge said:
strength is a matter of physical fitness.... while a man can achieve this at a greater level i have seen women who have been able to haul ass...... i believe that if they can meet the male standards they should be allowed to serve :tank: but i also think it will take as long as a service having a female chief of staff to do that.....

It's also image, alot of services already use and allow females in every possible role.
From fighter pilot to weapons handling to commanding officer.
It is needed because todays armed forces tend to be short on personel.
Having females join the military in equal numbers as males do could almost double the amount of combat ready forces.

In some ways it should almost be encouraged.
Although i agree that they should be held to the same standards as males.

It wouldn't hurt to adjust certain military equipment to better serve the female soldier where possible and affordable.

Ok, You all need to lsten to Redneck, I don't want this topic to be locked due to this is one of the most interesting discussions for us women who has joined up with MilForum.

Now, We all shall get happy and do the equal dance. :lol:

You guys is totally right about the strength thing and such.

But now to a different question:

Wouldn't the enemy have more problems shooting a woman then a man? ;)

I dunno.. Juts a questioned who occured in this little blonde head. :lol:

Wouldn't the enemy have more problems shooting a woman then a man?

I dunno.. Juts a questioned who occured in this little blonde head.

Probably not, they already use their women as human shields and decoys.

Despite what the heart wrenching movies may show you, your average Joe won't have a problem lighting up a female if she's involved in a firefight. For those that do find it difficult, once you lose your first man, you'll have no problems pulling that trigger.

And besides all of that, you won't be in a dress with lovely pig tails firing your Rambo rounds from a SAW while singing Mary Poppins .. you'll be in BDUs, with your K-pot .. so they'll simply see you as just another Joe.

yes

In combat soldiers die. They all die fighting.AS far as trainning. Its all in your mind. Pain is not known unless it is taught. With out fear or pain they can be as good or better than some soldiers. Its all in the mind u must free your self.

Re: yes

No MERCY said:
In combat soldiers die. They all die fighting.AS far as trainning. Its all in your mind. Pain is not known unless it is taught. With out fear or pain they can be as good or better than some soldiers. Its all in the mind u must free your self.

:?:

Back