Should Women Be In The Military?

Should Women Be In The Military?

• Total voters
I understand Paul on the issue of the physical about how men generally are stronger than women but the emotional part I am not so sure about. Yes, women generally are more emotional, but I have seen plenty of emotional men in my day as well. So, it's not like men are without emotion or strong emotion, I just think it's just more so that men are raised since being knee high to a grass hopper that they are to suppress their emotions. I am not 100% sure God did not give women what it takes to do the combat roles either. As I have said before, certain parts of the world, women have held combat roles for quite some time. In Feudal Japan for example, women tended to stay home to protect the home, they were in charge of the home and were expected to kill in order to defend home, they raised and taught the kids to become warriors, poetry, flower arranging, calligraphy and so on. I'd have to see more evidence about women not being intended for whatever by God. I know I'm not God, I would think I would be foolish to pretend I understood him as well.

I will say that my mom made it to e6 and is now a Maj. about to be a LTC. She is a MP with 2 deployments and begging for another. I don't think women should be in combat but she tries to prove me wrong.

No doubt as a e4 grunt I'd crush her on the battlefield, but she would crush me in garrison.

Last edited:
Those really suck. Between NOV 07 and JAN 08, I was not able to do any PT due to a knee injury I incurred playing soccer. May the knee gods be merciful to you.

Take care of the knee buddy, don't wanna end up like the old men you see with bad backs, knees, and various other broken body parts

I don't think their are many veterans who didn't get themselves an injury to remember their time in service for the rest of their lives.

Don't be like that Wolfen, no need to be too final on yourself if you found yourself using the stuff. Many folks who use it do not use because they need to, they use it because they want to from what I have been told. (Wife was a Pharmacist before she died).

Last edited:
Man I have several reasons to check out, sometimes I think I have more reasons than not, but THAT would push me over the edge.

In the Australian army they get taken back every 3 days for showers if they are out bush. I think there would be some resentment if this happened if they were put in Infantry units.

Holy crap, that would be nice. I remember the 6 months I was in Saudi for GWI, I and my platoon had total of about 3 showers, ice cold too.
Yes indeedy we were ripe, even the dogs wouldn't sniff us.

Even our camp did not have showers or baths, if you wanted to clean up you would get your patrol to stop near some river and go in while your mates covered you.

BathTime.jpg

Last edited:
In the Australian army they get taken back every 3 days for showers if they are out bush. I think there would be some resentment if this happened if they were put in Infantry units.

I sure wish out military did that, not just for the women though, for everybody, a nice shower is good for morale every now and then

Well, imagine being out in the bush during winter time then, 1 meter of snow, and every lake or river frozen solid...

Back