Should Women Be In The Military?

Should Women Be In The Military?

• Total voters
LeEnfield said:
Well they fought with distinction in the Russian Army during WW2
hes got a point. look at women throughout history. Molly Pitcher. Joan of Arc. and the hundreds of others in recorded history. and those who say that girls cant be as physically able as men, put em in a fighter cockpit, or a tank. that shouldnt be too difficult for their reduced muscles. and if you want to protect them at every stop, well, your old fashioned (there, i said it). they arent kids, (once theyr 18, that is), and if they truely want to fight, and they can make it thru training and all that, sure, let em go. if you want to protect them, then insult them a couple times, so that then they get in a fistfight with you. that would change your mind!!! :p

ghost457 said:
LeEnfield said:
Well they fought with distinction in the Russian Army during WW2
hes got a point. look at women throughout history. Molly Pitcher. Joan of Arc. and the hundreds of others in recorded history. and those who say that girls cant be as physically able as men, put em in a fighter cockpit, or a tank. that shouldnt be too difficult for their reduced muscles. and if you want to protect them at every stop, well, your old fashioned (there, i said it). they arent kids, (once theyr 18, that is), and if they truely want to fight, and they can make it thru training and all that, sure, let em go. if you want to protect them, then insult them a couple times, so that then they get in a fistfight with you. that would change your mind!!! :p

you are officially my new best friend! :lol: i'm a pilot, and i can safely say i can fly and use those controls just as well if not better than a man! i think your argument pretty much settles the entire score. so :cheers:

I think if a women can make it through Boot Camp, and has the same disciplines as a man, then she is equal, and should be allowed to do what ever the men do.

well i suppose i could....but it'd be kind of hard.......but i could manage it. let's see, i could stick up a leg...and uhmm.....nvm....this may get a little off topic and not to mention.....dirty......lol

I'd like to point out to those that feel women should not be in combat that there is already precedent:

Women served on the Front for the Red Army during The German Invasion of Russia, including the infantry.

Some of the soviet union best snipers were women such as LYUDMILA PAVLICHENKO (309 confirmed kills)

There was even a Guards Squadron called the "Night Witches" all women, the leading ace Anna Yegorova 38 confirmed kills.

All in all I believe there were 80000 Russian women in combat roles during WWII.

Women also served in various partisan group/resistence cells
and there were many women in the Vietcong (against us unfortunatly).

So I dont buy the 'women can serve' arguement. history proves different.

My 2 Cents...

mmarsh said:
I'd like to point out to those that feel women should not be in combat that there is already precedent:

Women served on the Front for the Red Army during The German Invasion of Russia, including the infantry.

Some of the soviet union best snipers were women such as LYUDMILA PAVLICHENKO (309 confirmed kills)

There was even a Guards Squadron called the "Night Witches" all women, the leading ace Anna Yegorova 38 confirmed kills.

All in all I believe there were 80000 Russian women in combat roles during WWII.

Women also served in various partisan group/resistence cells
and there were many women in the Vietcong (against us unfortunatly).

So I dont buy the 'women can serve' arguement. history proves different.

My 2 Cents...

It seems to me that the question being asked was not "can women serve" but "should women serve". Everyone knows that women can and have served in many militaries. The question is one of opinion.
I think they can serve in many roles but I would rather not see them dragged into direct combat.

i agree that women should be able to be in the field. thats why im signin up to be an MP, as close as i can get

i see your point about wounded women in the field, but...i think soldiers should have the same reation to a man down as a woman, ... what should be and real life are differnt however. i dont know the answer to this...

I believe it is ok to let woman into the military just like men are in the military. If you're in the military, you're in the military..it doesn't matter if you are male or female. You are there to serve your country and that's it.

Women have served on combat throughout history.

Currently there are plently of women who do not hold combat MOS's but yet are subjected to the rigors of combat due to the nature of the conflict.

Honestly, I think if women want to join the military by all means they should. Also if they want to go into combat we should let them. If they cant carry as heavy of equipment or weapons. We should give them lighter weapons and equipment. They can be good soldiers too. :rambo:

Kevin said:
Honestly, I think if women want to join the military by all means they should. Also if they want to go into combat we should let them. If they cant carry as heavy of equipment or weapons. We should give them lighter weapons and equipment. They can be good soldiers too. :rambo:

lol I don't think a woman wouldn't be able to carry the weapons men carry unless she was just totally not meant for the military. But I don't agree with that anyway. I think the woman and the men should do the same things. Anything the men can do, I would say the woman can do almost all of it.

I have no problem with it. I serve not only in a Joint assignment, but with many, many women and the can handle a gun and be as professional as the men.

Back