Should we re-elect Congress?

Marinerhodes

I have been hearing more and more lately about the choices upcoming in the presidential elections. I have heard that once again we have to pick between the lesser of two evils.

Who gives us these choices? Doesn't congress nominate the candidates? I am not up to par on how a candidate is nominated so please clue me in. If Congress is nominating the candidates then why don't we get new Congressmen? Sounds pretty simple. Keep voting them out of office until we get some people in there that will do what we need them to do!!

The Democratic Party and the Republican Party pick their candidates at their conventions.....supposedly. In reality it's the movers and shakers and their money men in each party who decide in smoke filled back rooms long before the convention. They probably already have the candidates picked now.

I don't know just how much power the actual government has anymore. Like 03, I think the sponsors/financers and their lawyers are the ones with real power.
Makes you wonder if democracy works at all.

Unfortunately all the money and power cannot be handed over to the government because we know how that turns out!
But campaigning has to be controlled...
Maybe there ought to be tax money set aside just for campaigning. Law should be that you cannot use your OWN funds to campaign. No sponsors or anything either. Political party picks which set of candidates will run and the entire campaign is run on government money from that point on. Set air times and it would be illegal for any private group to endorse and advertise a candidate on their behalf, with or without any sort of agreement.

If a horse thinks he/she can win, they form an exploratory committee on the way to announcing their intentions to run. Anybody can do it.. just look at Ron Paul

I have been hearing more and more lately about the choices upcoming in the presidential elections. I have heard that once again we have to pick between the lesser of two evils.

Who gives us these choices? Doesn't congress nominate the candidates? I am not up to par on how a candidate is nominated so please clue me in. If Congress is nominating the candidates then why don't we get new Congressmen? Sounds pretty simple. Keep voting them out of office until we get some people in there that will do what we need them to do!!

Lesser of two evils ? LMAO I like that, kinda reminds me of elections past

Back