Should we have an economy forum?

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
I think it might be a good idea for those of us who want to discuss economic matters with at least an intent to stay away from the politics.

I think it might be a good idea for those of us who want to discuss economic matters with at least an intent to stay away from the politics.

The economy is a political football so there is no way to separate the two, personally I think a "Left wing/right wing Propaganda" forum would be more useful then all the posts aimed at pushing a left/right wing agenda can go there and be argued by anyone that actually gives a flying rats arse and the political forum could be used for genuine discussions on world politics (including economies).

The economy is a political football so there is no way to separate the two, personally I think a "Left wing/right wing Propaganda" forum would be more useful then all the posts aimed at pushing a left/right wing agenda can go there and be argued by anyone that actually gives a flying rats arse and the political forum could be used for genuine discussions on world politics (including economies).
I like... but it won't happen.

Unfortunately happens a lot with military matters here doesn't it? Actually you can separate the matters.
But some people are so politically ingrained in their heads that they can't get it out of anything.
I bet you guys could turn a fishing trip into a political matter.

Unfortunately happens a lot with military matters here doesn't it? Actually you can separate the matters.
But some people are so politically ingrained in their heads that they can't get it out of anything.
I bet you guys could turn a fishing trip into a political matter.

Put it this way if jingoism's were removed from the political forum you would get a lot more discussion and a lot less arguing.

I'd like it... Personally, I like politics more than economy (it gives me headaches) so it would clear up a bunch of the economical arguments.

Monty-People will always argue... There's not a lot of jingoism because there's not a lot of country to country debate... Like it or not, this is not an equally international forum.

I'd like it... Personally, I like politics more than economy (it gives me headaches) so it would clear up a bunch of the economical arguments.

Monty-People will always argue... There's not a lot of jingoism because there's not a lot of country to country debate... Like it or not, this is not an equally international forum.

Most people are using the term Jingoism in a different context, it is less about "extreme patriotism" and more about using hackneyed statements such as "Vote Republican" as an entire post, injecting god into statements to make your cause "righteous", posting party propaganda (any party) as "news" pushing the interests of an organisation as "fact".

Most of all it is about how a statement is written for example if I wanted to annoy people about a topic (say civilian deaths in Iraq and lack of military accountability) I would write it as "It seems America has no issues with its troops murdering civilians in Iraq why is this?" at which point I would illicit all sorts of flames, or I could write it as "What checks are in place for instances when an Iraqi civilian is killed by coalition forces?" which would attract an entirely different response.

I hope this explains the case a little more clearly.

Either way an economy forum would really be nice.
And seriously, relax MontyB. It's election season in America and things are just like that. Their economy's not doing too hot, they're in the middle of a war which isn't very popular... it's best that our lot primarily stay out of it.
Hopefully once that's over, things will calm down as I believe they will. Might take a while for the losing side to calm down but it will get better.
But an economy forum might help us deal with our regular stuff.

Either way an economy forum would really be nice.
And seriously, relax MontyB. It's election season in America and things are just like that. Their economy's not doing too hot, they're in the middle of a war which isn't very popular... it's best that our lot primarily stay out of it.
Hopefully once that's over, things will calm down as I believe they will. Might take a while for the losing side to calm down but it will get better.
But an economy forum might help us deal with our regular stuff.

Come on this has been going on since well before the elections kicked in this stems back to P80 days when we were bombarded with over used cliches like "islamofascist", Liberal etc. it just worse now because of the elections but as soon as it is over were will return to the usual clap trap, now given that it was you that sent me a PM a few weeks ago that included this line "I said the self-aggrandizing has to stop." I am going to tell you that the only way it will stop is when the stereotypical cliche driven posts stop.

Should we have an economy forum?

No.

I agree I see nothing in an economy forum that isn't attached to politics however I am somewhat interested in the idea of a Science forum as most of that seems relegated to the general chat forums currently.

Gee aren't we a little pissy today.
This place is actually starting to suck.
I'm just voicing my opinion straight and blunt.

And I had a cold when I posted that, so yeah, a little pissy.

Then again, maybe we need to all take TI's lead and take a vacation... but then again, I took one last month...

Back