View Poll Results :US should increase its military force
YES 19 51.35%
NO, it's okay at this level 11 29.73%
US military force should be reduced 7 18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

--

October 15th, 2004  
SAINT

Topic: Should the US military be larger?

US military is (as reported) drained and stretched from too many deployments overseas.

The main solution to this is (as opposed to recalling the troops home) probably to increase the size of the US war machine.

Should the US military be larger for more effectiveness and greater conventional firepower?
October 15th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I think there is no question that the US military is too small.
October 15th, 2004  
Big_Z

I dont think 1.3 million troops is too small. We have troops in over 100 countries at any given moment and still have plenty of NG units at home. If we had a military the size of China it would probally cost us a trillion dollars. Thats allot of money, even for America.
--
October 15th, 2004  
A Can of Man

You need more troops that are deployable for combat at any time any place.
Basically I think the US needs one more Airborne Division.
October 15th, 2004  
Big_Z

Thats what the marines are for, not that id disagree with another airborne division.
October 15th, 2004  
A Can of Man

or another Marine Expeditionary Unit I guess.
October 16th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

The 101st is adding a new brigade, about 5,000 soldiers, that will be operational next year.
October 16th, 2004  
Big_Z

Thanks for the info.
October 22nd, 2004  
Leighsong

I retired in 2001 and watched the reduction and "outsourcing" at the command level. It makes me ill to think my brothers and sisters are fighting without adequate equipment, manpower and support. Be sure I do write to Congressmen/women to let them know how I feel.
October 22nd, 2004  
03USMC

Like it or not the Clinton Administration emasculated the military with its RIF's and budget cut. Then turned around and deployed more troops (from less resources) than any President since FDR.Usually at the request of the Useless Nations. It was their idea to rely on NG units as more Force Multiplyers than support.
The U.S. Military needs at least one more LID (Air Assault) in the Army, TWO wouldn't hurt. The Marine Corps could use a couple of three more light armored recon Bn's and the Navy needs the vessels to carry the MEU's and provide support. And I'm not talking redesignating exsisting units and calling them new.
The military needs the gear to conduct their missions.
And lets quit relying on the NG and stop all of their "I didn't sign up for this bit*hin and moanin so they can go back to drinkin beer in a GP tent on Sarurdays. (not a reflection on all Guardsmen.)