Should there be a Smoking Ban in Bars & Restaurants? - Page 3

View Poll Results :Should there be a Smoking Ban in Bars & Restaurants?
Yes - Both 20 35.71%
Yes - But only in Restaurants 18 32.14%
No 18 32.14%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

October 19th, 2004  
Patriot_1989tobeyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
Quote:
Originally Posted by realism
The government shouldnt really have the authority to regulate smoking at all. that should be the owner of the bar/restuarant or of the individual doing the smoking, depending on the situation.
I believe the government has some say in the issue. The government spends billions on health care related to smoking. By banning smoking in public places, the government saves money and improves the health of its citizens.
All that that proposition leads to is bigger government. nuf said.
October 19th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

so far, it is only the state governments that have taken action. I am always for the state governments to decide something over the fed. Generally, it is the State government which will know what is best for it's population.
October 20th, 2004  
dougal

Look at the sites from last page. Been a huge win with the people here.

Up the ban
--
Boots
October 21st, 2004  
SFC

Although I do not take in the Bar scene any longer, but when I did I wanted to smoke while enjoying a cold beer

SFC
October 22nd, 2004  
LIBERTY

They should only ban in Restaurants because I cant stand sitting down for a good meal and smell cigarette smoke.
October 22nd, 2004  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
In B.C, smoking is banned in both bars and resteraunts, and pretty much any building except your own home. They're thinking of banning smoking from peoples homes as well, to protect children. I think it's great.
The Goverment dictating the activities in private residence outside of illegal activities that can be documented is very,very, scary.
October 24th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

there should because I have many friend that cant stand the smoke
November 4th, 2004  
irishgal

its great no more smoking over here!

i don't have to walk into a bar and be greeted with a cloud of smoke, have my eyes watering like hell and my throat sore from 1) all the smoke and 2) trying to hold my breathe so as to not breathe in the smoke!

thank God
November 4th, 2004  
dougal

You just decribed Taaffs or the hole!
November 5th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

it would be logical as most of the population does not smoke