Should there be a Smoking Ban in Bars & Restaurants? - Page 2

View Poll Results :Should there be a Smoking Ban in Bars & Restaurants?
Yes - Both 20 35.71%
Yes - But only in Restaurants 18 32.14%
No 18 32.14%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

September 30th, 2004  
dougal

Ireland was the frist country in europe to have a smoking ban in all of the work places.

That means going to the pub and not waking up with a huge swore throth. and hang overs to a minimum.

it came in, in march and has been a hugh success from a huge risk.

www.smokefreeatwork.ie

www.doh.ie/publications/smokeban.html

http://www.oasis.gov.ie/employment/h...n_ireland.html

mod edit:I fixed your links 8)
September 30th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I think we should work to slowly phase out smoking anyway. So this could actually be a good thing.
If making it illegal to smoke here and there, people might just lose the fun in smoking and we could see a dramatic fall in the number of people who smoke.
Really it is a NASTY habit. It's bad for you, it's bad for the environment and it smells terrible.
October 1st, 2004  
AlexKall

Yes, both!
--
Boots
October 15th, 2004  
CanadianCowgirl

Well, it is pretty gross to be eating a meal when you're surrounding by a big grey cloud of someone else's second hand smoke. The province I'm living in now alows it and I don't go out half as much as I did before where there was no smoking aloud in public places.
October 15th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Smoking is good for two things and only two things. The first is economy and the other is population control.
October 17th, 2004  
Trevor

In B.C, smoking is banned in both bars and resteraunts, and pretty much any building except your own home. They're thinking of banning smoking from peoples homes as well, to protect children. I think it's great.
October 17th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

banning it in people's home is where I draw the line. Anything in the home is the responsibility of the home's owner, not the government.
October 18th, 2004  
Patriot_1989tobeyond

The government shouldnt really have the authority to regulate smoking at all. that should be the owner of the bar/restuarant or of the individual doing the smoking, depending on the situation.
October 18th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by realism
The government shouldnt really have the authority to regulate smoking at all. that should be the owner of the bar/restuarant or of the individual doing the smoking, depending on the situation.
I believe the government has some say in the issue. The government spends billions on health care related to smoking. By banning smoking in public places, the government saves money and improves the health of its citizens.
October 19th, 2004  
battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmb101
Smoking is good for two things and only two things. The first is economy and the other is population control.

It takes some serious guts to say that kid. I know a decent amount of people that would have you on the ground for saying that crap. I myself am not a smoker, but I know that that is offensive man... My grandpa died from smoking and I hate it, but dude if you call it a limiting factor you're just askin for it...