Should teenagers be able to vote? - Page 2

View Poll Results :Should teens be able to vote?
Yes (teen) 6 30.00%
Yes (adult) 2 10.00%
No (teen) 6 30.00%
No (adult) 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

September 20th, 2004  
Delta210

Doody, I agree with your reasoning entirely. Excellent points as to why teens should not have the right to vote.
September 22nd, 2004  
Jason Bourne

Speaking as a teen i would say HELL NO, i mean you get a couple good ones like myself and GOTR and Webs, but i am around teens everyday and they are, well i won't say what they are because it is inappropriate, on the other hand alot of people over the age of 18 act worse than certain teens so should they be allowed to vote?
September 26th, 2004  
Lupos

Speaking as a teenager myself (17), I would say that most High School Seniors who are 18 are easy prey to lies and propaganda (whether it be anti-Bush or anti-Kerry). Many adults are too, this is the sadness of democracy.
--
Boots
September 27th, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

Topic: Teens can already vote....

EightTEEN
NineTEEN

Any younger should not be allowed.....
September 27th, 2004  
A Can of Man

18+
Too many teenagers are too thick. Dunno about the girls though. You know which girls are the smart ones by seeing the ones not dating highschool boys. Looking back their excellent judgement of character awes me.
Then again thickness applies to adults too.
Dictatorship

just kidding folks :P
Except the teens under 18 shouldn't vote thing.
October 5th, 2004  
Stafford911

Well i think the vote age should stay where it is, but latley(Im 16 so keep that in mind) all my classmates seem much more mature than I expected and all seem to know politics so by the time they are eighteen they would know even more and making them smart enough to vote
October 6th, 2004  
Trevor

I would never want to have teens voting! I'm 17 by the way. Most of the people I know that are my age don't have a clue about politics.
October 15th, 2004  
CanadianCowgirl

Well, sometimes teenagers don't have enough background or knowledge of politics to know what effect their vote will have. I think 18+ is a good age but even at that age I think they should look into getting some info on who's running and so on. I don't think there are many who are under the age of 18 that really realize what a difference one vote can make.
October 15th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Some college students are gonna vote this year cuz P Diddy, rapper, said, "Vote or Die"on MTV.
October 17th, 2004  
SFC

Teens are under too much peer pressure to give a reliable vote, although, I believe once they turn 18 and are elligible to join the military they should be able to voice their opinion as they are defending our country.

SFC