Should Secretary Rumsfeld resign?

Should Secretary Rumsfeld resign?

• Total voters

tomtom22

Chief Engineer
Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld has come under fire in recent weeks from a variety of retired generals, who say he should resign for his performance in managing the war in Iraq. Do you think the U.S. war effort is grounds for Secretary Rumsfleld to resign?

Yes
phpPollBar.gif
64.02 % (1,379)
No
phpPollBar.gif
32.73 % (705)
Don't know/no opinion
phpPollBar.gif
3.25 % (70)
Total votes: 2154​

The above was taken from the Army Times website as of 9:45 PM on April 22, 2006. What is your opinion?

Last edited:
This is his second time around in DoD and he is still not meeting the listed job requirements as defined by law, not public opinion, satisfactorily. When any organisation fails to meet the standards or falters owing to deficits in leadership by the COO he/she is made redundant forthwith.

From what I hear and read his career is so stained that he should not prolong this. Even if he might have some competence, an openly doubted and critisized leader isn't the right guy to lead the world's mightiest army.

Why I voted no ...

Chief Bones said:
H*ll no ... he shouldn't resign ... he should be fired. PERIOD

As you can see from above ... I voted NO ... we should not allow Rummy to gracefully exit via a resignation ... he should be out and out fired.

PERIOD

Jesus, he can't properly get our troops equipped (most of you have probably heard my story on the 5-inch armor kits), so on that basis alone I say throw him out and get someone better qualified in.

deerslayer said:
Jesus, he can't properly get our troops equipped (most of you have probably heard my story on the 5-inch armor kits), so on that basis alone I say throw him out and get someone better qualified in.

Eh, that's a weak argument at best. I'm sure you can find better reasons. ;-)

Chief Bones said:
I'm sorry ... what the hell does your answer mean?

Looks to me like he meant he didn't believe the SECDEF should have to resign nor should he be fired.

Changing canoes in the middle of the river can be worse than just staying with your leaker and paddling harder.

Of course if the leader is dead weight and not actively contributing to your success, um it begs the questions as to when you toss him overboard?

you have a point there, Bulldogg. Rummy at the very least needs to step back and reconsider how we're managing our assets in warfare.

I dont understand how somebody so close to R.Nixon can do a political comback ever..... :shock:

America, truly the land of oppertunities :santa:

Back