Should Schwarzenegger be allowed to run for President?

Should Schwarzenegger be allowed to run for President?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I personally think that the governator should not be ever allowed to be president. I can accept him as a governor but his level of political rhetoric should not be seen on the world stage. Imagine him calling Kim-Jong-Il a "girlie man." :roll:

The whole reason of that article in the Constitution is there in the first place, is to prevent any idealistic whacko from even running for President. The govenator is a pretty good govenor, but the only reason he got elected in the first place was due to stardom.

We were making jokes in one of my criminal justice classes that maybe terrorists will think he's as crazy as he is in the movies as in real life, and maybe they'll leave us alone. But if Regan was an actor and become Prez, then maybe it's possible...

Its been almost completely debunked as a completely made up story, but its still interesting to consider the story about General "Black Jack" Pershing. http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_black_jack_pershing.htm

There is possible room for such a thing to have happened, but its definitely not well documented ... probably never happened. It MIGHT have. But that's possibly the type of approach that would do more to disuade terrorism than anything else.

If he's the president, he'll run America like a movie show.. lots of NG

That'll be terrible. ;)

SAINT said:
If he's the president, he'll run America like a movie show.. lots of NG

That'll be terrible. ;)
Press coverage of the President of the United States is already a three ring circus, so having the best actor possible fits beautifully.

My primary disagreement is the fact that Arnold is not natural born.

Can anyone think of an actor who's born in the USA, is not a politically extreme?

Well I had this same discussion in 8th grade with my teacher (Social Studies) I was for it (As I am not born here myself). My argument was that ALL men were created equal and All citizens have the same rights no mater of race,sex,religion,or authenticity. Her argument was although it should be judged unconstitutional it will never change :(

I wrote a paper on him in high school. From what I saw, this man is a conservative down to the bone. He just needs to be a bit left leaning in California because he has to work together with the Democrats there.
He is a man who knows how to compromise and work with both sides of the spectrum. This is why I believe he'll make a great president.
Remember he worked for George Bush Senior and was I think secretary of public health and fitness (or something like that). When Clinton took over, Schwarzenegger left his post.

Dameon said:
First before we talk about rather he should be allowed for the presidency, we should let him choose what party he belongs too, he calims to be Republican yet he married a kennedy and he is passing Democrat laws.

Plus if we allowed foriuegn people to be our President it would just makie for a bigger problem and allow some crazy nation to come in ana d take us over

Back