Should Schwarzenegger be allowed to run for President? - Page 3

View Poll Results :Should Schwarzenegger be allowed to run for President?
yes 13 43.33%
no 15 50.00%
not sure 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

November 4th, 2004  
Hegario

I personally think that the governator should not be ever allowed to be president. I can accept him as a governor but his level of political rhetoric should not be seen on the world stage. Imagine him calling Kim-Jong-Il a "girlie man."
November 5th, 2004  
Darkmb101

The whole reason of that article in the Constitution is there in the first place, is to prevent any idealistic whacko from even running for President. The govenator is a pretty good govenor, but the only reason he got elected in the first place was due to stardom.
November 5th, 2004  
egoz

We were making jokes in one of my criminal justice classes that maybe terrorists will think he's as crazy as he is in the movies as in real life, and maybe they'll leave us alone. But if Regan was an actor and become Prez, then maybe it's possible...
--
Boots
November 5th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Its been almost completely debunked as a completely made up story, but its still interesting to consider the story about General "Black Jack" Pershing. http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar...k_pershing.htm

There is possible room for such a thing to have happened, but its definitely not well documented ... probably never happened. It MIGHT have. But that's possibly the type of approach that would do more to disuade terrorism than anything else.
November 5th, 2004  
SAINT

If he's the president, he'll run America like a movie show.. lots of NG

That'll be terrible.
November 5th, 2004  
Italian Guy

McCain endorsed the idea of an amendment to the constitution in order to allow Arnold to run for presidency.
November 5th, 2004  
Snauhi

have he even finished regular school?
November 5th, 2004  
Italian Guy

You mean Arnold?
November 5th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAINT
If he's the president, he'll run America like a movie show.. lots of NG

That'll be terrible.
Press coverage of the President of the United States is already a three ring circus, so having the best actor possible fits beautifully.

My primary disagreement is the fact that Arnold is not natural born.

Can anyone think of an actor who's born in the USA, is not a politically extreme?
November 5th, 2004  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
You mean Arnold?
yeah