Should North Korea Abandon it's nuclear ambition?

Should North Korea Abandon it's nuclear ambition?

• Yes!

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • No!

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

zander_0633

Milforum Gnat
I would like to ask if North Korea, Under the leadership of Our Dear Leader Kim Il Seng, should abandon it's Nuclear ambition?

From their point of view they have everything to gain by keeping their nuclear program. The mere threat that they possess nuclear weapons gets them food aid, oil, and all sort of other goodies. Plus they feel like a player in the world. If I were North Korea's leadership, I would never willingly give up this option.

To make it understood, I'm telling you what I would do if I were Kim Il Jung. The man is a raving lunatic. But he knows how to tweak the western world.

Last edited:
North Korea is a hollow and fragile shell built around a sick and twisted cult of personality with a population that has been stripped of anyone willing and/or able to question anything put before them by those that own them, heart, mind and broken soul.

North Korea, as it now stands, can not survive open and peaceful contact with outside cultures. In order for those that have formed the aristocracy in North Korea to not only remain in power, but to survive the backlash of by their citizenry if they lose power, they must remian in a perpetual war posture against the entire world.

If the question asks, would the people of North Korea be better off without nukes? then the only possible question is yes.
Can the gov of North Korea as it currently stands continue to exist, even if only against the building pressure from internal self destructive decay and abuse, without fostering the belief of aggression from external forces and the additional threat of nukes? nope.

War with North Korea is inevitable. It's not if, but simply when. Even if North Korea begins to collaps from internal pressures, their military will be turned loose upon Japan and South Korea. That's a given.

Why NK want to have Nuke bomb?
Because Nuke is Magical jar for getting food&fuel&something to survive from SK.

Of course, I would prefer that they abandon their nuclear program. But I am an American. If I were someone of power in North Korea, I'd be anxious to complete the project and start getting extortion money and supplies.

I harbor great hatred for the North Korean regime, probably because South Korea is one of my favorite countries in the world.

phoenix80 said:
Nukes in the hands of regimes like Iran, North Korea, Pakistan, China and former saddam's are dangerous!
Ok! great!

Now it is Pakistan as well and what about India???

Pakistan's Nuclear Program is for maintaining arms balance in the region and it is one of the reasons that 2002 war did not happened between us and India!

We don't have aggressive designs against any nation!

I do agree that there has been some blunders in PAST but now the situation has completely changed - thanks to the efforts by Musharraf. And if we really wanted to spread Nuclear Arms then IRAN, Saudi Arabia and even Bangladesh would have become Nuclear Powers by now. But we excepted the responsibilities related to peace and stopped this from happening.

phoenix, your ideologies are really getting too much against us! (as also evident in other threads)

Last edited:
Uh, Pakistan is probably the United State's closest friend in the region. Not to mention a nuclear power. They have nothing to gain from a war with us.

Their problem is that they believe in an afterlife. If you believe you're going somewhere after you die and have nukes, that's NOT A good thing.

But hey, most of America does too.

From the wests point of view then the answer must be yes. Now if you are a nutty dictator then what do you think his answer will be about having the Bomb

Are you Nuts? of course they need to abandon.. Nacchi lives in Japan.. that's close. They can't hurt my precious Nacchi

yes, I think they should be made to abandon any and all nuclear initiatives. Also, somebody needs to go in and cap the morocco mole once and for all.

If the United States were intelligent they would pull all troops out of South-East Asia and see what happens.

Well not nessecary! Look at the Korean War, The Communsit army of China and North Korea did make the Allied forces to retreat till a very far southern tip of the Korean peninsular!

Well, Btw King Jong Il is currently in China. I think he wants to ask China for Help woith it's nuclear program and the Military!

Back