Should military spending be reduced? - Page 13

--

June 20th, 2006  
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/1Lt Henderson
Well, given that my mother is skeptical of on-line forums such as these, it would have been near impossible for me to know...(Dont worry men, I stick up for ya!)

People can use drugs anywhere; how do you know he knows you have the dog over and take it to a friends house?...My point is, how can you be 100% certain? Even police dogs can make mistakes....
Rocky has never given a false response.

You also don't know the neighborhood I live in.
June 20th, 2006  
Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief
You don't have to agree with Uncle Sam, you have that freedom. What happens to you if you comment on your government in a like manner?
Nothing, its totally accepted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Cief
Most people that do not live in the U.S. have little clue as to what our society is like. You see only what you want to see and show blatant disrespect for what you disagree with.
I can to certain extend agree with you there, we dont see what we want to see but, what you are showing us. Of course there is a lot that slips thru...
June 20th, 2006  
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
The question is why?? And at what cost?? This thread is actually based on is our priorities right...

I belive it was G.Orwell who wrote "Ask not what you are walling out, but what you are walling in"

I totally agree with you as a servicemember that more money to military is positive, we get better at what we do, get bether equipment and so on.... but as a responsible member of my society I also feel an reponsebility that my nation is run in a best way possible for ALL its inhabitants.

And if I were an American citizen before "war on terror" I would have said " hey look, right now we got more serious internal issues to adress. Lets get the men responsible (of course) then let international politics wait a minute...
You don't seem to understand. What ever the cost, it is worth it.

Show me any country in the world that does not have internal issues.

Have you not been paying attention to the efforts since 9/11? Have you not seen the proactive measures taken to slow down terrorist attacks? Do you have access to the internal workings of the Homeland Defense Department? The CIA? The FBI?, etc.?

What you need to realize is that your country is not immune from the same type of attacks that we endured, you just have not been a target up to now. After you have lost your first 3000 citizens to a terrorist attack and have lived through the next 5 or so years, come back and tell us how you single handedly fixed the problem.
--
June 20th, 2006  
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Nothing, its totally accepted.

I can to certain extend agree with you there, we dont see what we want to see but, what you are showing us. Of course there is a lot that slips thru...
First, I don't believe that your government is that open minded.

Second, You don't see what WE are showing you, what you see is what the political liberal media is showing you. They have an agenda that does nothing more than lie by omission and that is when they are not outright lying. The few media sources on the other side are just as bad in trying to counter what the liberal side of the house is showing.

The days of reporting the news and letting us decide what it means to us, as well as what the outsiders see and interpet regarding our country has long left the airways. We will never get back to it. It's almost as bad as when the Soviet News Agency reported world events to their people. It was never fact and was mostly slanted to make the communists look good.
June 20th, 2006  
Ace

Quote:
You don't seem to understand. What ever the cost, it is worth it.

Show me any country in the world that does not have internal issues.

Have you not been paying attention to the efforts since 9/11? Have you not seen the proactive measures taken to slow down terrorist attacks? Do you have access to the internal workings of the Homeland Defense Department? The CIA? The FBI?, etc.?

What you need to realize is that your country is not immune from the same type of attacks that we endured, you just have not been a target up to now. After you have lost your first 3000 citizens to a terrorist attack and have lived through the next 5 or so years, come back and tell us how you single handedly fixed the problem.
Dont misunderstand me please. We (rest of the world) are of course greatful that US and allies does action to reduce terorrist attack. I hope you and your allies (among them, us) do such a good job that either you or I or Mbutu in Somalia or Ali in Tikrit never ever needs to loose 3000 of our friends, neighbours, reletives etc.

At least I hope we can agree to this, though we dont neccesseraly agree on the roadmap to our common goal..
June 20th, 2006  
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Dont misunderstand me please. We (rest of the world) are of course greatful that US and allies does action to reduce terorrist attack. I hope you and your allies (among them, us) do such a good job that either you or I or Mbutu in Somalia or Ali in Tikrit never ever needs to loose 3000 of our friends, neighbours, reletives etc.

At least I hope we can agree to this, though we dont neccesseraly agree on the roadmap to our common goal..
Check your PM
June 20th, 2006  
Ace

Quote:
First,
The days of reporting the news and letting us decide what it means to us, as well as what the outsiders see and interpet regarding our country has long left the airways. We will never get back to it. It's almost as bad as when the Soviet News Agency reported world events to their people. It was never fact and was mostly slanted to make the communists look good.
Ah, here we couldnt agreed more. The cooperations with one foot in media and the other in example weapons industri isnt exactly helping (see the reply where DDR are quoted)

But I was under the impression that it was the right wing who controlled media in US with Time, NBC etc.... guess I was wrong.
June 20th, 2006  
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
Ah, here we couldnt agreed more. The cooperations with one foot in media and the other in example weapons industri isnt exactly helping (see the reply where DDR are quoted)

But I was under the impression that it was the right wing who controlled media in US with Time, NBC etc.... guess I was wrong.
Currently we have a large portion of the mainstream media that leans so far to the left that they even are all left handed!!! j/k

I think there are some minor affiliates that try to buck the system but for the most part left is the direction they lean. FOX tends to be the only conservative outlet and they are as dimeterically(sp for the squirt that checks spelling) opposed to the others as they can be.
June 20th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

I dont check posts for spelling...I just read them. And the media for the most part is left-winged.
June 20th, 2006  
Senior Chief

Quote:
I dont check posts for spelling...I just read them. And the media for the most part is left-winged.
Quote:
EDIT: Its spelt arrogant...just thought you ought to know.
It seems as if you have forgotten something!

I don't use spell checker, if you are looking for typo's this is the place because I do not invoke it. Takes too much time when not doing engineering work.