Who should lead Saddams trial? - Page 2

View Poll Results :Who should lead Saddams trial?
USA 4 22.22%
Iraq 10 55.56%
The Hague 3 16.67%
Kuwait 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

December 17th, 2003  
Originally Posted by Redleg
I think Bush is very much involved in the trial's outcome when he comes with statements like this http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3326311.stm.
He should be more professional than this, and keep his personal opinions to himself.
By making a statement like this he is putting a lot of pressure on the court that's going to judge Saddam!
Consider your source though. By making President Bush's statement (which I believe is both true and justified) appear that it was made as anything besides one of his own personal opinion (something that he IS entitled to) they make it appear that he may have been irresponsible, which is not the case. Nothing he has said officially has been anything but supportive of the Iraqis' sole authority on the matter.
If a court feels pressured by the opinion of anyone, even if he is the President of the U.S., it shouldn't be a court, and I do not believe that the Iraqi court will bend to any such perceived "pressure."
December 26th, 2003  
i thin I should be in the judges chair for his trial!!!
April 2nd, 2004  
Can I help XARMYSGT?
July 12th, 2004  

Topic: should be in Iraq

i think sense all those people sufferd from what he did to them i think he should be tried in Iraq
July 12th, 2004  
The one who captured him, allowing the victims(Iraq, Kuwait, Iran...) to be in the court. And deciding equally as the USA( I think opinions are not very differnt on all those sides that are damaged).
July 12th, 2004  
July 13th, 2004  
Italian Guy
Iraq, definitely.

Of course once we've made sure conditions for a fair trial are met.
August 29th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country
Iraq for sure!

Trying Saddam may be the first thing that everyone in Iraq may agree on.
August 29th, 2004  
Iraq as long as the trial isn't corrupted.