Should Laser Guns Be Banned In A Conflict/Battlefield

I might have the wrong name for the type of grenade, but America does have a grenade used to temporarily blind the enemy. I just forget what its called.

Edit: America Uses the "Flashbang"
"The M84 grenade is designed to be thrown into a room (through an open door, a standard glass window, or other opening) where it delivers a loud noise and bright flash on detonation."

Oh, that's not a blinding thing. The idea is to deliver so much stimulous that the brain cannot handle it and people just freeze for about 5 seconds while the brain essentially reboots.

The flashbang is a non-leathal weapon that has proved VERY helpful in non-violently aprehending potentially violent suspects in law enforcement.

im sure coutnries like russia, USA, israel etc already have this...

they already have lasers from MTHEL which has proven itself against katyusha rockets, to lasers that fix scarring, lasers that clean teeth and lasers that destroy acne...

I think there is some confusion here as to what constitutes a laser.

A laser is simply a light wave with very short wave lengths causing it to stay concentrated much longer than a normal ray of light. To date there have been very few successful attempts at making lasers to destroy mass, the most successful is an Air Force project, it is some sort of potassium beam which is gonna be put in a 747 and is capable of shooting down incoming missiles, currenty the problem is aiming the laser without turning the whole plane. The new lasers that China is so proud of are just compacted rays of light designed with one purpose, blind the enemy, for life. They are not for spotting or range finding, strictly blinding, permanently.

These weapons are inhumane and should be banned, but war is in itself inhumane, but certain steps can be taken to limit the cruelty of war, look at the use of chemical warfare for instance, after WWI proved how cruel, and ineffective, chemical weapons were a pact was made to never use them again and with the exception of Iraq that has pretty much been the case.

well, chem weapons still kill people, painfully.....people chose death over injures? why you have to call a plane to drop a 3000 pound bomb to blast a building and people into pieces when you can just blind them? kind hard to think.......

k19 said:
well, chem weapons still kill people, painfully.....people chose death over injures? why you have to call a plane to drop a 3000 pound bomb to blast a building and people into pieces when you can just blind them? kind hard to think.......

These lasers would be very painful when hit by one, and they should be illegal, humans are most reliant on sight as a means communicate with their surroundings, if I have a choice between losing a limb and still having about 80% of my physical abilities or losing my vision and only having about 40% of my physical abilities, I know which one I would choose. And open your eyes and try reading a text book, when was the last time a Western Nation used chem. weapons in war? WWI! Saddam gassed his own, defenseless people but that is different from trying to gas a hardened enemy trained to handle these types of situations, gas is no longer and effective weapon on the battlefield and never really was, it only made things more miserable for both sides during WWI.

thats ur opinion

but in reality most people woul drather be blind than having a stump and being called a cripple

Back