Should Kashmir just be a seperate country?

Should Kashmir be an indpendent country?

• Total voters
godofthunder9010 said:
This would be the ideal solution. Kashmir was once an independent nation, if my memory isn't playing tricks on me again.

Neither Pakistan nor India will allow for an independent Kashmir, end of story. But it would certainly be a good solution!

When was kashmir an Independent nation?????

Hi,

godofthunder9010 said:
This would be the ideal solution. Kashmir was once an independent nation, if my memory isn't playing tricks on me again.

Neither Pakistan nor India will allow for an independent Kashmir, end of story. But it would certainly be a good solution!
Kashmir was a Princly State just like Many Others .... British Does not had Direct Control over all of India ....... Huge parts of India was Still under te direct Control of the kings .... When India Was Divided ,these states were Given a Choice to Join eithr of the Countries ...... Ovously Most of them refused to Join either of the two , Including Kashmir as it would mean end to the levish lifestyle of the Kings ...... they were forced to merge by hook or by Crook :sarc: ...... some where Shown money , some were promised position in the central Government , Some were Threaghtened , for some Army was sent .

zander_0633 said:
Well, then the Kashmir people can declare war on both India And Pakistan!

With What Sticks and Stones ......... what future does Kashmir has as Independent Country ..... a tiny Country with no resources apart form Tourism and Terrorism :sarc:

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Last edited:
HA! Of course you will say that! You are from India! I am looking from a 3rd party view, not from India or Pakistan! So Kashmir is better off as a Independent country!

zander_0633 said:
Well, then the Kashmir people can declare war on both India And Pakistan!

Jihadis have already done so, whats your point?? Kashmir would be a division over religion, maybe your country swings that way but India is secular.

There are 3 major demographic groups in the state of Kashmir, which roughly occupy 3 distinct geographical regions. It is only the North-western Muslim majority area that wants autonomy/independence. The people do not even consider joining Pakistan, this is because of Pakistan's very poor governing and neglect of the area of Kashmir under its control, i.e.- Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK).
Further, when we talk of an independent Kashmir, we never talk of Pakistan letting go of POK, which is essential to the idea of independent Kasmir. This is probably because the "freedom fighters" cant bite the hand that feeds them, and must only concentrate their terrorist efforts in India.
Either way only a tiny part of Kashmir would constitute this proposed independent nation, and thus you can further reduce the resources, but increase the population density.

We dont need to think that far ahead, we gave them pakistan that was bad enough. Now it became a breeding ground for terrorism. Look at this pattern
% of non-muslims in pakistan before partition: 25%
% of non-muslims in pakistan after partition:13%
current percentage of non-muslims:3%
I dont see why we should keep gifting away our land.

uid174759iid8211kx.gif
Some Part belongs to Persia or Iran ;)
uid174759iid8211kx.gif

If we are Holding a Contest of Stupid One Liners ..... I can Fill In with many More

Last edited:
Ancient India included parts of Aghanistan, but as time went by these regions fell under heavy Persian and other external influence, and eventually ceased to be part of "India".

I have heard and read that in the Pakistani education system, it is not really taught that historically it was part of India, or that it is part of the same cultural/ethnic continuum. Rather western asian links are emphasised. Can anybody tell me if this is correct or not?

Underlying reason that an Independent Kashmir would be pretty much impossible ... Well three reasons actually: India, China and Pakistan. If any one of them was to back off and try to allow Kashmir to independent, the other two are just itching for the opportunity to seize the who pie for themselves. Yes, I'd say that it would be ideal, but unfortunately it would require three mutually hostile nations to cooperate and trust one another. I'd say the chances of that are pretty much zero.

fingolfin said:
Ancient India included parts of Aghanistan, but as time went by these regions fell under heavy Persian and other external influence, and eventually ceased to be part of "India".

I have heard and read that in the Pakistani education system, it is not really taught that historically it was part of India, or that it is part of the same cultural/ethnic continuum. Rather western asian links are emphasised. Can anybody tell me if this is correct or not?
Yes, Pakistan is most definitely descended from the same parent civilization as India. They are the same ethnic group.

The problem with categorizing ancient India by its borders, etc. is this: The people of India were seldom ever united by anything but religion and culture. Most instances of unification were either a.) An outside conquering force forceably united the people of India. This was the most common case. The Persians, Greeks, Mongols (Tamerlane and the Mughul Empire, etc) and finally the British were all instances of this. b.) Briefly, one king or prince or ruler would go on the path of conquest and ended up TEMPORARILY uniting India.

But essentially, the core of the ethnic and cultural borders of India have always been the entire Ganges River valley and plain, plus the entire Indus River valley and plain, plus everything inbetween the two.

Last edited:
I do not think Kashmir should gain independence, much the same as I do not think that Kosovo/a should. Simply why burdon the world with another welfare state?

greenarmy1980 said:
I do not think Kashmir should gain independence, much the same as I do not think that Kosovo/a should. Simply why burdon the world with another welfare state?
I don't think it would be so much of an example of a "welfare state." I'd say its a whole lot more like the idea of Kurdistan (an independent nation controlled by the Kurds.) The surrounding nations would never let it happen for their various different political reasons.

Whats so great about kashmir, sure its got beautiful mounts and lakes, but is there an official reason. What I see here is that India Pakistan and China are all acting like a bunch of spoiled brats.

Maybe they're used to controlling the land and now none of them want to give any of it up. Who cares about forbidding mountain ranges and glaciers, that's all kashmir is.

Back