Should Israel Be A Nation

I think whast Missileer was trying to say is that throughout history Jews have been persecuted ruthlessly, their homeland overrun by outsiders several times, they went over 2,000 years without a homeland afterall. Basically they've been subject to living in the good graces of the country they live in and have been used as scapegoats for centuries.

"Man can bring no greater sacrifice than to give his life for others." This sentence is misused by those who teach people to blow themselves to pieces! What it really means, is to spend ones life in the service of other human-beings. This is probably one of the first political manipulations of religous belief that ever took place.

Englander2 said:
"Man can bring no greater sacrifice than to give his life for others." This sentence is misused by those who teach people to blow themselves to pieces! What it really means, is to spend ones life in the service of other human-beings. This is probably one of the first political manipulations of religous belief that ever took place.

Englander2, I think you have hit the nail on the head, as it were, too many teachers have taken their own interpretations of the Qu'ran as well as the Bible and declared them as "gospel."

Missileer said:
Englander2, I think you have hit the nail on the head, as it were, too many teachers have taken their own interpretations of the Qu'ran as well as the Bible and declared them as "gospel."
Then what you are saying, is the Mullahs are the ones responsible for the deplorable situation in the Middle East. Maybe we should be making war on the Mullahs and place them at the top of a 'hit' list.

If the situation were only this simple ... the Mullahs 'may' be exacerbating the situation ... but ... there are way too many Arabs who are more than ready to take these teachings and use them as an excuse to attack Israel and western civilization, even though they can quote the Quran verbatim ... evidently they also have a problem with the definition of 'is'. (OR) Just maybe the hatreds run so deep that the Arabs are just looking for an excuse.

Last edited:
Back