Should I enlist? Where?

Hello everyone, I am a 16yo student from Romania and I am thinking seriously to enlist. I have read hundreds of posts and I have talked to different persons about this and I am still very confused about it. First of all I don't know what some branches do and if it is possible for me to join them (as I said, I am Romanian and there is absolutely no chance of moving to another country to get green card or things like that).
First of all I want to know what are the differences between Marsoc, Rangers, US Marines Corps and Green Berets. I know the big differences but I want to know more detailed what they do.
The second thing that I want to know is if it is possible for me, living in a NATO country, to become an US Marine/Marsoc/Ranger/Green Berret if I join the military in my country.
And finnaly, my third question is what should I do to prepare myself for the enlistment? Is the military highschool a must?

I may be informed wrong and I tend to ask stupid questions, but I am trying to figure out what should I do after I finish the highschool.

:salute2:

Well firstly the USMC is a branch of the US Military, they fall under the Department of the Navy. Essentially, their missions are similar to the US Army and are NOT considered Special Forces. The Green Berets and the Rangers are both US Army, and MARSOC is the Marines version of this. MARSOC does similar missions to the Rangers, Green Berets, or the SEALs. In order to join one of these highly specialized groups, you must first enlist into the branch of service (USMC/US Army), and then be firstly accepted to the AIT for that, and then successfully complete the AIT. Ranger school is one of the hardest schools to pass that the US offers.

In order to enlist in an American military branch, you must either be a citizen of the United States or a valid green card holder.

Back